Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    refocus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Connecting 2nd mac via ethernet and wireless router
    HI.. I have a mac and am trying to connect a 2nd mac for internet access with a wireless router and an ethernet cable. It all appears to be working, but then we don't actually have a connection. Any ideas much appreciated. Imelda
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Hi refocus

Describe for me your current layout on your network? What computers do you have and how are they connected (specifics, i.e. Mac1 is directly connected to my router via Ethernet port 1, Mac2 is connecting wirelessly, and my router is connected to my modem via Ethernet port WAN). This will help a ton in figuring out what's wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless router not connecting with SOME devices. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a reasonably unusual problem with my wireless router. I am running a PC (laptop with XP) and I have a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router (4 port). At various times I wirelessly connect the following: Ps3/pda/laptopx2. For a good 6 months everything would connect (often all at the...

Connecting 2 pc's via Ethernet [ 6 Answers ]

I have 2 comptuers sitting next to each other, and I want to connect them together so they both have the internet. Is it possible to network them by just putting an ethernet in 1 PC and the other end of the ethernet into the other PC? One computer has windows vista, the other has windows XP. If...

Connecting Two Computers via Ethernet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am vignesh... I need foolproof method for knowing how to connect two computers in network via ethernet...

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

View more questions Search