Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cnaneeds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 04:33 PM
    I need a helping word
    I am a CNA and I work for a company, and they are about to close for med fraud, so I am quiting. Here is my problem, I am very close to the people I stay with. I need to know if they quit the company that I work for now before I do Could I stay with them if I get a job with the new company they go with?? Can you please help me
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2006, 05:17 PM
    What is a CNA?

Certified Nurses Association?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
    You can't "stay with them" but if they go to the same company you go to, the new company may assign you to them, if they ask the company for you, but it will be completely up to your new boss ( their manager and the person who assigns the jobs) normally for inhome work companies try to keep the same people, but can even rotate the people if they wish to.

So you have no "rights" to have the same patients. They may decide not to go to the same company you are going to.
    If you go first you will already be assigned patients to see and when these people finally come the new company may have another new CNA that will get these.

If you go to the new company and these people agree to transfer at the same time. ( basically you bring them to the new company with you, then the boss may be able to)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2006, 05:32 PM
    A failing companies employees are considered a very good asset, and many times a forward thinking competitor or business compatible company will swoop in and hire a group of skilled workers. Very popular in several types of businesses, esp trades such as electrical workers, having been on both sides of the fence.

If a large group of workers are available, so are , usually, a customer base left in need of service. A group that works well together and familiar with the potential business has benefits.

If you all get along well together, perhaps a spokes person can approach the hiring company with a list of these benefits to having your group together. This list will be specific to your type of skill or business. This can be a Donald Trump type of presentation, or as simple as a brief letter, keeping in concert with the standard and reasonable image of your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helping discouraged friend [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some suggestions and ideas as to how to help my friend (actually one of my former foster sisters), who is very discouraged and down on herself. She has PTSD like I do, the result of a horrible childhood in the foster care system, although she hasn't had as much success with therapy as...

Helping stop the lies [ 5 Answers ]

I want to stop lying but I need help. I have all these things I made up and I don't want to tell my friends because they will hate me. I know the thing is I should stop lying but I don't want to. Its like I'm addicted to lying. Could it be possible to be addicted to lying. So hears the question: ...

Children helping with dogs (labs) [ 7 Answers ]

As I mentioned in my last post, my little nephew and niece, age 4 and 6, are coming home to live with my husband and I very shortly, and bringing their dog and guinea pigs to add to our household of one dog and one cat. I would like the children to participate in taking care of the animals,...

Helping my child to learn with web sites. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all. Ihave a 3 year old son... he was going to be ale to attend a head start facility this year but because we had to move he is now not able to. Because the town we moved to does not offer that program. Iam trying to find some web sites that will be able to help him learn basic stuff...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search