Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boredfroggie Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Moving?
    My fiancé and I are thinking about moving to Arizona, near laughlin. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like all year, what kind of job opportunities there are, etc. I've lived in California my entire life and I don't want to jump into something so quickly without knowing anything. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2006, 04:13 AM
    My in-laws live in Laughlin Jan-Apr every year and love it there.

Re Weather, From here:
    Laughlin, Nevada usually has over 300 days of sunshine each year. An average annual rainfall of 1.78 inches makes this region an arid climate. We like to call it a "dry" heat. The average high temperature is 90 degrees and the average low temp is 64. These yearly averages actually mean nothing because during a Laughlin, NV summer it is plain hot, night and day. There is no cold tap water in my pipes during the summer months.
    I've experienced morning lows of 102 degrees during the summer. Many nights remain over 100 degrees until 1AM. During the winter, spring and fall it is very nice, often windy, but those are the Laughlin, Nevada days we love.

And here's a link to search various job types for what kind of openings are in the area:
    http://laughlin.jobs.topusajobs.com/
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2006, 05:59 AM
    I would wonder or assume one of you have a job there and that is why you ar moving, not merely going there with no jobs. I would advise that if you want to find out about an area, go visit it before you move, stay a few days, look at the help wanted adds, see how much the rent is, what type of living places are available.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Hi,
    I do agree with the answer before this one, about checking it out first.
    Moving can be a great time, an adventure; but why not go there, stay for a few days, and look around for ads in the local paper, check it out.
    You might also look up the local paper online, if it's there, and just read a few things about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a friends house (watching over it since NOV 2005) after she moved permatnately back to FL. I have been paying the bills (phone,electric,water) since she left. I had been talking to her about buying the house right after she left and she told me that she would let me know....

Moving soon W/GSD pup [ 7 Answers ]

Hello and thanks ahead, u guys are awsome.. -- I have a 10 mo old gsd and we are moving soon to a house with a yard - right off a main st, ( acually is main st ) anyway he loves to play and be out -- I was wondering if the wireless fence is a good option , or just train him to stay in yard - but...

Moving on.. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering.. I had a very intense friendship/relationship with my best guy friend.. and because it got really complicated I asked him to choose.. friends or couple. He chose friends. How long do you suggest I wait before going into a new relationship? (I really got screwed up in...

Moving in [ 8 Answers ]

Does everyone get scared of the transition of moving in with their other half? Is there any right/wrong way of going about it, or a way to allay these fears? Is it a learning process to live with someone else, or should you be able to just do it? My other half is worried that it might wreak...

View more questions Search