Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhi1277 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Moving to michigan-buy car there or here in Texas?
    I am going to be moving from Texas to Michigan this winter alone while my husband will be here in Texas. We are in dillema whether I should buy a used car here in Texas and then get it shipped to Michigan-my employer is ready to pay for shipping costs-(I am not sure about state taxes,registration,license plate and other taxes-will I have to pay double)or should I buy in Michigan?.
    If I buy in Texas, will I have to get changes or upgrades done there in MI due to weather changes(tires,ABS etc)

If I buy in Michigan 1) I don't have much experience in buying used car and 2) I will have to spend a couple of months (at least) without a car(how hard is to manage in Michigan winter without a car? )
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 06:12 PM
    If hubby normally buys the car, let him buy it, ( sorry but car salesmen can be crooks if you do't know what you are doing)
    As long as you have good tires there is nothing that has to be changed to drive up north. Good tires, good batteries, antifreeze at proper levels.
    abhi1277 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Thanks for your response...
    If I buy it in Texas,what about regsitration,license plate tax,sales tax etc-will I have to pay it twice-one in Texas and then when I move to MI?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving out of state with child in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas, what is the penalty if the wife moves out of state with the children with out telling the husband?

Moving to Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

I am relocating to Michigan in a few months. I will be living in the Waterford area. My fiancé has a great job there, so we want to live there. What are the odds of me finding a normal 8-10 dollar an hour job there. Anyone from the area have any suggestions? Any job is fine, just an ordinary...

Michigan Tax Return [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know what documents or Schedules I need to attach with Michigan Tax Return? On federal tax return I have only wages & education credit. Do I need to attach a copy of Federal tax return?

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search