Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mim Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 10:51 AM
    JVC Receiver problem
    My JVC amplifier/receiver(RX-815V) makes a clicking noise when I turn it on. I have a nice stereo system (I think) sitting on my wall unit doing nothing except collecting dust because the receiver/amplifier does not work. The receiver gets power but just makes a clicking noise and will do nothing else. Any recommendations/suggestions anyone? Should I just throw it away and invest in a new one or would it be practical to take it to a repair shop?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2006, 04:56 AM
    Due to the age of that receiver, I'd look at new ones. I don't know what you need, but I can't help but think that you'll spend 50-75% of the cost of a replacement to get yours repaired.

Have you priced a receiver with the specs you need?
    dapunza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 07:23 AM
    If the receiver is clicking, the circuit is overloaded. This usually means the amp is burnt up. I have paid good money to have this repaired only to have the surround sound not work and the amp to blow up again. I bought another on eBay that didn't work, no clicking, no power, and was able to pull the Power supply out of the fried one to fix the eBay one.

Personally I have been through 4 of these models, 1 every other year, and love them. Newer models are not of the same power, and don't have the EQ built in, sounds like crap. I bought several new receivers until I just gave up and keep buying this model.

Every time I blow one up it's from abuse. Too loud and too hot, for too long. My speakers are 15" 4 way Cerwin Vegas and draw an enormous amount of power.

Did you have yours checked out?

Mike
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Make sure speaker wires or speakers not shorted also.
    zx7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Hi Mim... I hope you haven't gotten rid of that receiver. I have one, bought it new, and its great! I also had the same problem with mine as you are having and it only takes a .50 cent fuse to fix it! You just have to remove the cover, you will see a fuse in there... pop it out, take it to an electronics shop to be sure to get the proper replacement, and VIOLA! Back in business... I promise you... this is ALL that is wrong with it! BTW... This is a Super A amp... they are very clean powerful amps... but the down side is they tend to run hot,. also a simple fix... while at the electronics shop getting the fuse, ask them for a small cooling fan to sit on top of the unit... pulling the heat OUT... You have a great receiver there... don't be in to big of a hurry to get rid of it...
    Have a great day... Chris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd/satellite receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to hook up my dvd player through my satellite receiver. The TV does not have any place to plug the red, white, and yellow cords to but the satellite receiver does. I have connected the dvd player to the satellite receiver I just can't get a picture.

Satalitte receiver [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 reveivers and one will only pick up part of the stations. I moved it to the other TV where that receiver was working and it still doesn't work properly so I know something is wrong with that receiver. Any ideas of what could be wrong. Is it something I can fix?

DVD/VCR/Satellite receiver to TV hookup [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to hookup a DVD player, VCR to a TV with a Hughes Satellite receiver? Should I use a RF Modulator or what?

Hunter Fan Receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter fan with a remote that is a discontinued model. The light only stays on for awhile and then shuts off but the Fan works fine. The Hunter help line said that the receiver was probably bad but no replacement is available but could sell me a new fan at a steep discount. Why can't I buy...

Receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a second question also : I am intended to buy a new receiver as well. But.. I have two pairs of speakers in my living room and one pair in my kitchen. This receiver should be connected to these three pairs of speakers. This seems to be rather difficult. How should I proceed and wich...

View more questions Search