Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prgrlinky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 12:53 PM
    3 1/2 weeks Pregnant
    Ok here goes I only had a period for 1 day last month and skipped this month completely... went to the doctor and had a blood test done it was positive... I am definitely pregnant about 3.5 weeks the weird thing is nothing fits I can't even button my jeans is this normal?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prgrlinky
    Ok here goes I only had a period for 1 day last month and skipped this month completely...went to the doctor and had a blood test done it was positive....I am definately pregnant about 3.5 weeks the weird thing is nothing fits I can't even button my jeans is this normal?
    You may be a bit further along than you think right now. The period that lasted for the 1 day, may not have been a period at all and you could have already been pregnant. You will likely have an ultrasound before too long and things may change in regard to due date and how far along you are.
    prgrlinky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
    The doctor said by the blood test I was only 3 1/2 weeks that's what I don't understand I figured I was at least 8 weeks considering my period last month was not normal... alot of my family keeps hollaring twins what do you think
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
    If he is going by a quantitative blood test, there is a wide range of what is considered normal in the levels of hcg and, because of this, it is not the best way to judge how far along you are. Although not exact, the ultrasound will give you a clearer picture.
    babygirl1092 Posts: 114, Reputation: 8
    -

Jun 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
    And also the dr goes by the date of your last menstural cycle so the unformation he is giving to you could be from the information you gave them.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Its normal to for clothes not to fit, wher clothes that are comfortably.

When I went to the doctor he told me I was 7 weeks, the week later I did an ultrasound and was told I was 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. So ultrasound tells all. Do you have an appointment to get one?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Every woman is different. My clothes started to get tight only a week after I found out I was pregnant, so don't worry too much, it doesn't mean that you are having twins. The ultrasound will give you more info, so don't stress about it too much. Just eat healthy and take your prenatal vitamins.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

38 weeks pregnant and not sure what is going on? [ 1 Answers ]

I am just about 38 weeks pregnant, after having intercourse, I noticed that I had some pinkish discharge when I went o the washroom which lasted all night. When waking in the morning it was still there but soon after was done. Feeling like I had the urge to pee again I went to the washroom and had...

My cat is 7 weeks pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I am new to this so not really sure if I am posting this in the right category. My cat molly is 7 weeks pregnant, we can see the kittens kicking all the time and if I put my hand gently on her tummy I can feel them kick! Should I be keeping her inside from now on?Or when should...

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

View more questions Search