Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkgal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Kenmore dryer heating problem
    I’ve read through some of the post but have not actually found this questions. I have a Kenmore dryer that only heats when it is on the high heat/low heat setting. Any ideas?
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 22, 2006, 05:35 PM
    What are your other selection choices? What about your situation seems wrong to you? Specifics are very important in questions like this, such as including what doesn't work as well as what does, and certainly always include the model number when looking for help with major appliances.
    mkgal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 07:18 AM
    Hello,

I finally got the info you requested.

My dryer is a Kenmore Heavy Duty Extra Large Capacity dryer. Model #LER4634EQ0; 3 wired 120v; 60 Hz motor 4.0 amps; heater and accessories 23 amp.

It has three heat settings:
    1. timed (60 minutes to 1 minute);
    2. High Heat/Low Heat
    3. Fluff Dry

It will only heat on the High Heat/Low Heat setting. It used to heat during the timed setting.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
    I can only assume based on the model number you provided, that you have a Whirlpool dryer, not a Kenmore. I found the schmatic on Whirlpool's service site, but it's a bad scan and I can't really read it. From what I can tell, you should only have a timer knob and a start switch. Basically, all option function is controlled within the timer. If the dryer will produce heat on one cycle but not another, most likely you have a bad timer. There really isn't anything else that would cause this exact condition. The timer itself will be somewhere around 80.00 to 100.00, part number 3976569. The only other possibility I can think of would be maybe a loose or corroded wire somewhere. 90% of the wiring can be inspected behind the dryer, either in the control panel or behind the large lower panel. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Dryer Not Heating [ 31 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old Kenmore electric dryer that recently stopped heating. Everything else seems to be working fine. The drum works and there is plenty of air flow. I checking the different thermostats and heater element with a ohm meter and they all seemed to have activity except for the...

Kenmore Elite HE3 Dryer Not Heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer (electric) that is not heating. I pulled the toe panel so I could clean it out to see if that was the problem. After I cleaned it out I ran a short cycle and still no heat. I also noticed the heating coil did not change. Should these get hot, turn red during a drying...

My Whirlpool Dryer is over heating [ 1 Answers ]

It has a weird smell where the heat blows into the dryer It is getting extremely hot I have replaced the thermostat and 2 other thing but it still is over heating what could be the problem.:(

Kenmore Dryer not heating [ 1 Answers ]

I'm working on my mothr in laws 10 yr old kenmore dryer that runs, but the heat element does not get hot. I have taken the element out found no breaks in it, it ohms good. I have 110 volts on both wires to the element. What am I missing ?

View more questions Search