Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ygoodell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Rewire second phone line to main
    Hello, I have a second phone line for my computer, I am dropping the second line and getting DSL. How do I rewire that second line to my main line? Thank you.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 06:28 AM
    You should not have to do any rewiring at all.

The "main line" typically has enough wires in it to handle 2-8 lines... so your line 2 is using two of them that just won't be used anymore. Your line 1 will remain connected as it is.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2006, 06:58 AM
    The second line would have been connected to the yellow and black wires. You want to rewire it to the red and green. Unfortunately, I can't say which is which. One is ring and one is tip. Somebody explained here a long time ago. Maybe use the search, phone + ring + tip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

Rewire phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling my garage into a living space. In order to add windows to my new living space I have to move the phone line in the wall. It goes through the middle of the proposed window. If I disconnect the line and move it down in the wall it will no longer reach the NID. It has to be...

Hooking into main line [ 31 Answers ]

I have located my main line under my concreted slab and have dug trench to accommodate line for toilet and shower. Do I run my 4" for my toilet hooking into my main using two 45 degree bends? The shower is beyond the toilet. Do I just connect to the 4" with the shower drain anywhere at all once...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search