Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamsathik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Connect Two computer Without Interface
    Hi,
    I bought new lap top, I need to connect my laptop to my Office PC , for data accessing, please give me a solution for connect this two device without interface...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 27, 2008, 12:35 AM
    When you say "without interface" I assume you mean a network.
    Well in that case you can't.

You would need to either setup a home network or simply purchase a flash drive or USB hard drive and use that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Do you mean you want to connect remotely or what?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Wireless?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jun 28, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Curlyben has an excellent suggestion. Use mobile storage such as a flash drive.

Many companies will also restrict access to the computer such that you will not have Administrator access. This would be required to setup a home type network. Also, to make it easier for you, they would need to be part of the same Workgroup. This also means that the company computer would have to be removed from the company network first. This also likely not possible either by company policy or by security restrictions.

In our company, access to the corporate network, either directly or by remote access is restricted to company owned computers. This is the best way to ensure the security and integrity of the company data.
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 28, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Unless your company approves a VPN connection from your laptop to your office network, the portable storage device is really your best bet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect A computer to another computer wireless [ 3 Answers ]

Can I Connect computer to another computer wireless without router or access point

Is it possible for someone to connect to your computer from there's? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi If a person has had access to your computer for a length of time, is it possible for them to have made some sort of connection to it via there own computer in a different area so that they can see what your activity has been and deleate emails, files etc? A briefcase file has recently...

How can I connect two monitors to one computer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to connect two monitors to one computer so I can view large spreadsheets without scrolling over. Any advice?

How to connect my other computer [ 2 Answers ]

I can't not have a internet in my other PC! :confused: I have a three unit but the 2 PC has no internet I can't connect but ihave the internet fastswitch port 100/10mbps how to connect the two computer in my server and how they can connect to internet:(

How to have two computer connect wireless [ 3 Answers ]

Two computer wiriless How to have two computer connect wiriless

View more questions Search