Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BSA10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Water heater hookup with sidearm supplimental heater
    Hello: I'm hooking up a sidearm heater to an existing electric water heater for use with an outdoor wood furnace. I've seen diagrams showing the upper port of the potable water side hooked up to the anode port, the TPV port, and the cold water inlet port. My initial thought is that plumbing it into the cold water inlet with the appropriate check valve and expansion tank woukd be the best way to do it. My concern is that the dip tube on the inlet port runs to the bottom of the storage tank and I'm afraid this will affect the thermo siphon action. Anybody out there have any experience with this?
    Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Hotwater heater keeps needing breaker on the heater reset? [ 6 Answers ]

Hotwater heater keeps needing breaker on the heater reset? About every 4 or 5 days I have to go hit the red button on the heater and reset it. Its electric. Its only 2 years old and nevr has any problems so far. What gives?? TIA

Is it the water heater or the Heater? [ 2 Answers ]

Let me preface this by saying I have no intention of fixing the problem myself. The world is a safer place with my thumbs tied together!:) I have an exhaust pipe that extends over my water heater and from my heating unit and then exits the home through the ceiling. There is currently quite a bit...

Wall heater pilot light lit, but cuts off when I turn heater on [ 6 Answers ]

I have a wall heater, the pilot light was out so I re-lit it a couple days ago and it went on.. about 4 hours later I noticed it was out again... same thing off and on for three days... this time I lit the pilot and turned the heater on it immeditly made a click sond and went out completely... it...

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.