Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Swollen all over
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this so here goes... my ankles, stomach, fingers and face have been very swollen or bloated. I've always been the type to retain water, but lately my ankles and heals hurts and feel very tight and sometimes I have pains in them. I look like I am 7 months pregnant (I'm not) and am very uncomfortable and my family says I sound like I'm always breathing heavy. I've always struggled with my weight, but I am not that overweight. I do work out 4 times a week, but can't seem to drop any weight!! Any thoughts?

Summer08
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Maybe reduce sodium intake? Go to a doctor would be my next piece of advice. Test for diabitis? Good luck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 09:30 PM
    You need to seek out medical attention at once. What you are describing to me can be one of two things. Possibly CHF (congestive heart failure) or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).

Both are very treatable with early intervention. Please make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen Mouth [ 22 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 37 year old female, non-smoker, non-drinker and non-drug user. For the past 6 months or so, I've noticed a swelling of my inner right cheek (can't see it on the outside of the face, just inside), which would come and go (chronic, seems like). I didn't think nothing of it, until last week,...

Swollen glands [ 2 Answers ]

I recently went to my dr and she told me that the glands in my cervix were sticking out. She put me on 2 antibiotics. She did not schedule follow up appointments or anything like that. Please help me. I need to know what the cause of this could be. I am married and I am faithful to him and he...

Swollen body [ 1 Answers ]

A Couple A Weeks Ago I Got Bitten By A Bug,bitten Is Okay.but My Stomach And Chest Is Swollen Very Uncomfortable.swollen Below The Breast.what Can I Take For The Swollen

Swollen, and heavy [ 2 Answers ]

Ugh. For the last few days, I've had this weird, uncomfortable feeling that my skin is too tight or that I'm all swollen. My feet and legs feel as if I'm wearing very tight socks, even when they are bare. My hands feel very tight and swollen when I clench them. My arms and legs feel heavy and it...

View more questions Search