Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Incorrect email/password combination Facebook [but I can login on another pc]
    Hi
    Not been on for awhile but I'm back

I use Facebook and all of asudden last week its decided not to let me in using my email address and password.
    Id tried resetting my password-but got no email to reset it.
    I emailed Facebook and explained the problem and got reply saying they would get back to me,but they haven't.

I've checked everything firewall,cache,cookies etc

But my friend in england can login using my email and password no problem

Has anybody any idea what's going on, because we have run out of them
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 07:36 AM
    By checked the cache, cookies, etc, does that mean you cleared them? Completely.

If the ID/password works on one computer but not another, my first suspect is temporary file(s) interference and clear them out completely.

My next suspect is a viral infection that is actually logging keystrokes/websites and may be interfering with normal operation in the process.

Have your friend CHANGE your email address and password on your Facebook account to something else, and immediately try logging in with the new ones.

If it still won't work, try creating a new Facebook account, then logging back into THAT one. At some point you should find your way back in, transfer all your stuff to the new account or keep fiddling with your ID/password on the existing one until you find something you can keep using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Login password [ 1 Answers ]

Fogot login password for my ibook os9.2

Email password [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find an email password.

Email login failure. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having trouble logging into any of the free email clients on the web, Yahoo, hotmail and gmail. This is happening in a domain environment w/ a proxy server and iPrism filter. The login page comes up, I enter username and password, hit 'enter' and it comes right back to the login page. It'll...

Email (via https) Login Problem [ 3 Answers ]

Unable to login in to either Yahoo or Gmail email accounts. Also, same problem when attempting to login to any "https" site. Have disabled my firewall program (ZoneAlarm) as well as many other things (overrode cookie restrictions in both my browser and firewall settings, e.g.). My first suspicion,...

View more questions Search