Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merri1949 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Frankie's Excessive Kneading
    My eight-year-old cat, Frankie has had a urinary inflammation and allergies in the past few weeks. He was treated and has recovered from the inflammation and has been treated and pretty much recovered from the allergies and constant sneezing, lethargy, etc. He shares my home with three other cats, all of whom had the allergy problem - he is the last to recover, but is now doing very well. He has since begun excessive kneading (on me) and stands on me to do this. When I try to stop him he meows at me in an angry tone. Otherwise he is a wonderful kitty! What could be causing this?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 26, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Did they give him prednisone? Because this is one of the side effects.
    merri1949 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Frankie received an antibiotic, but no prednisone. Thank you for the information, though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male cat excessive kneading [ 4 Answers ]

My male cat (neutered - 3 years old) has started kneading more aggressively and will also wiggle his bum and purr while he is kneading. He has just started the wiggling and tightening his haunches. Is this normal behavior, or should I take him to the vet to look at other causes, i.e. urinary...

Excessive water use [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's city water department claims her house is using 10,000 gallons of water per day. There are no leaks inside the house. The city claims the meter is working correctly and the lateral to the house may be broken. Wouldn't she have a swimming pool in her yard or at least water in the crawl...

Excessive gas [ 2 Answers ]

I know some foods are gassier than others, but it doesn't seem to matter what my husband eats he has excessive gas. He is 74 so maybe this is normal for his age? Other than a bad heart and Barrets Disease he is in fairly good health.

Excessive RAM usage [ 1 Answers ]

In the last week or two I have been using a lot of processing power with various tasks. In this course, my available RAM has decreased to an average of 250 MB with a total system RAM of approx. 780 MB, meaning my RAM usage is up to 530 MB! I have uninstalled a couple of programs that were running...

Excessive use of name [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a hidden meaning behind someone who uses their dates name excessively in a conversation? As in, beyond saying it when greeting, getting their attention etc but to use it in every third sentence or so... I find it a little strange but if anyone can shine some light on the matter and advise...

View more questions Search