Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edakadad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Sears Tractor
    I have a Craftsman Garden Tractor Mod. # 917.275034. While Mowing today it stalled and will not re start . Through process of elimination a blown fuse was located in the wiring harness. The manual offers no information as to what the fuse controls but it continues to blow. Deck was disengaged and tractor was inneutral and all safetys were on. Any ideas ?
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 26, 2008, 12:09 PM
    The only thing that comes to mind for me is to simply trace the wires from the fuse with a jumper wire for continuity. I am guessing that a wire has rubbed throuh the insulation and caused a short in the circuit.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 07:33 PM
    You have a short somewhere, start tracing wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the blades. One side cuts lower than the other?

Sears lawn tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Engine will not start, turns over very weakly with a fully charged battery. When the spark plug is removed it turns over very well. Put the plug in and it does not turn over. Sometimes you can tip off the spark plug with gas and it will crank right up?? Engine will not start, turns over very...

Sears tractor [ 2 Answers ]

Tractor has new battery but has to be jumped off once running it runs great for a while then dies and want crank back up battery is dead. Where should I look to get this problem fixed?

V-Belts for Sears Tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears tractor that I want to obtain some V-belts for. The Sears numbers are 148763 and 137153. What are the generic belt sizes that would replace these? Thanks

Sears tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 19.5 hp sears tractor. Last year it didn't run well, so same this year. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil, fuel filter, took apart carb and cleaned all the goop out. I checked the fuel pump, but cannot tell if it really works, but I do have vacuum at the base of it. The...

View more questions Search