Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiquita987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
    I lost my mother on June 20 , 2012 and I feel like I am stuck in a nightmare everyday. I cry all day long and constantly think about her all day. My mother and I were very close as I was an only child. My mother used to smother me and even though I am an adult, she used to call me her little girl. I just get so upset and discouraged because I want to see her again and want her to appear to me . I only had one dream of me touching her face, and hugging her and her telling me not to worry about her... but the dream ended to fast. I miss her too much.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Chiquita - my heart is broken for your situation. Anybody who thinks the loss of a loved one is not filled with grief is simply ignorant. There are many people out there that claim they can contact a loved one... and I simply want to warn anybody of that. The spirit world is real, and most of it is not good. Spirits can see our grief and drive us to seek their contact. My advice to anyone seeking to contact a loved one due to grief is to seek professional help first... someone who can help you deal with your feelings. Reaching out to the spirit world can have severe consequences.
    chiquita987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Chiquita - my heart is broken for your situation. Anybody who thinks the loss of a loved one is not filled with grief is simply ignorant. There are many people out there that claim they can contact a loved one...and I simply want to warn anybody of that. Te spirit world is real, and most of it is not good. Spirits can see our grief and drive us to seek their contact. My advice to anyone seeking to contact a loved one due to grief is to seek professional help first...someone who can help you deal with your feelings. Reaching out to the spirit world can have severe consequences.

I totally agree with u. I definitely don't want to contact the spirit world but I just want to contact her. I know it'll be impossible and I definitely don't want to invite any unwanted spirits. My mom was very religious n I hope that God will just sent me a sign or something. I know God works in mysterious ways so I know I will have to be patient. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that she is with me always. Thk u for your advice : )

Jul 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Well you sort of answered your own question. If she was a religious mother, I'm sure she is in Heaven. You know where she is... now you can take the steps to assure that you go there as well. She's not with you always... not right now anyway... but you can be reunited someday. God doesn't need to give you a sign... he's given His word, and if your mother followed that word you already know where she is. Take great joy in the fact that your mother is with God right now... not sad and not in pain. Look forward to the day when you can embrace her again!
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Well you sort of answered your own question. If she was a religious mother, I'm sure she is in Heaven. You know where she is...now you can take the steps to assure that you go there as well. She's not with you always...not right now anyway...but you can be reunited someday. God doesn't need to give you a sign...he's given His word, and if your mother followed that word you already know where she is. Take great joy in the fact that your mother is with God right now...not sad and not in pain. Look forward to the day when you can embrace her again!
    Well done hh. I would give a greenie but it won't let me , says I need to spread it around more.
    tbcylh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 06:16 AM
    I lost mine in march 2012.

I hate superstitious stuff and always believed mediums/spiritualists are dubious, perhaps tapping on the dark side and I never approve of people seeking such stuff. But it's been 5 months and it's still painful. I know many people experience the same thing and everyone says time will heal. But how could time possibly heal if you can't see the person you love so much you will have give your life away just for that person to live. I miss her so much I thought of giving up my beliefs and seeking a medium. But the main thing keeping me alive is that if the bible is real, I might go to hell if I kill myself and I still don't get to see mum because she's in heaven. She accepted christ with me last year. Mediums/spiritualists seem to make christianity unreal and I don't know if I can continue on.

Hauntinghelper: I've been seeing psychiatrists, therapists, psychologists, and all said the pain won't go away as we'll always miss mum.

Aug 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Tbcylh - I do believe the pain can go away... and the psychiatrists/psychologists of the world are never going to get that. This is from one Christian to another... take great joy in knowing that your mother is with Her savior now and forever. She's not hurting, she's not lonely, she standing in awe of the presence of God. Knowing this won't take all the pain away, but it's the start of healing. Death happens... stay strong in the faith and you will see her again one day. Suicide and spiritism have no place in a Christian's life. Medium's and spiritists make Christianity unreal only because the spirits they deal with are in direct opposition to God's word. The bible says they exist and that their dealings with spirits are very much real... that fact is is that God forbids it... not that it isn't real. The spirits they are dealing with are lying spirits, not the departed spirits of humans.

My heart goes out to you and your family... but take this time to seek God and especially the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Spend time in prayer and reading the Bible.. find comfort in those from your church. Hang in there, the pain does go away and you can still live a life full of Joy.
    tbcylh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 08:04 PM
    I don't bother to attend church any longer, only reason I did it was for my mum anyway. I accepted Christ when I was 7/8 years old. Many things happened last year which I thought were signs from God that he'll heal my mum. But they were just lies. You might say they weren't signs, I was in delusion or they were coincidences. But I was sure they weren't just coincidences.

How does one know that the bible is real, Christianity is real, we will see people who left the world again when we leave? Pastors and everyone who have strong faith believe. I used to. But logically speaking, only those who left will know isn't it? For the rest of us still in the world, we can only believe spiritually/faithfully, but there's always a chance what we believe is unreal because we can't know otherwise unless we leave.

Thanks for clarifying on the spiritualist/medium issue. I was skeptical because I am not sure if it is indeed my mum the spiritualist/medium is communicating with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friends mother has just passed, [ 6 Answers ]

My best friends mother passed away this morning due to a long battle with cancer. I'm the type of person that has trouble with expressing my feelings of sorrow through words. How can I comfort him? He's currently in his home state and he won't be back for awhile, I just want him to know I'm here...

Mother passed and owes a lot [ 17 Answers ]

OK, so my mother has passed away and left a bunch of unpaid debt. The largest of which is the home. It was morgaged to the hilt, so she had zero equity in it. She owes 117,000. Next are back property taxes and income taxes which total in the range of 7,000. Then there are medical bills ( heart...

My mother passed away and didn't leave a will [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away this year and she did not have a will. She was living with me for the last 2 years of her life, but she has a piece of property that she and my dad owned. My mother never gained a "clear title" to the property. She purchased the land and trailer from the owner about 20 years...

My father died recently and my mother wants to transfer accounts into my name [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away very unexpectedly and without warning 2 months ago. Now that the shock has finally subsided I'm feeling overwhelmed and I'm afraid that I'll make a mistake that will cause future problems. My father was retired and had various bank accounts and mutual funds which...

Mother passed/now feel like she may be watching over me [ 14 Answers ]

Okay everyone, this is going to be a really long post, so get ready. When I was 12 yr.'s old my mother passed away from a brain aneurism. I did not grieve at all afterwards, I guess mainly because I wanted to shut it out of mind at the time (which I now know is normal, especially at the age). ...

View more questions Search