Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KnickGhie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2006, 02:08 AM
    Networking a dot matrix printer
    Dear all,

Kindly help me, can you please give me advise on how I can put a Dot Matrix on Printer on a network? What are the tools that I needed. Will I need a hub? JETDIRECT CARD? Or any other tools, please advise me.

Hoping for your fastest reply.

Thank you very much.

br,
    yolly
    Edit/Delete Message
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2006, 06:57 AM
    There are 2 ways to accomplish this. One would be to connect the printer to a PC oin the network, then set it as a shared resoource. The other PCs would then add it as a network computer. The other way would be to get a Print server device, plug that into your switch (router) and plug the printer into it. Again add it as a network printer. If you use a Printer serever it should come with setup instructions.

The advantage of the print server is no other PC needs to be on the share the printer.

Since most dot matrixes are parallel, you would need a print server that supports a parallel connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem networking printer [ 7 Answers ]

I just added a new laptop to my home network. It's a Dell Latitude running windows XP pro. I had successfully been using another (IBM running Windows 98) and had it all networked fine, but I cannot get the printer to work with this one. I have tried setting it up tried to install the proper...

Networking [ 2 Answers ]

How to connct two PC without any hub? And I don't want to make a server because if I want to use the other I need to make the other PC on. Is there any other solution? And I'm having only one modem.

How do I move files and share printer when networking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dell desktop as my main computer and a dell laptop, (wireless) as second computer, I installed a Linksys broadband wireless router and I'm able to share the internet connection, but I don't understand how to share files or move them between the two, also need to share the printer and...

Networking [ 5 Answers ]

I have alaptop connected to my desktop with a ethernet cable. The destop can access files from the laptop but no traffic the other way. I have now connected the laptop to another desktop and it works fine both ways. I have tried lots of things like taking off all firewalls, permisions etc. The...

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Describe how you would go about setting up a "star" networkof 5 machines and discuss what would be better and why having one machine as a file server or no file server.

View more questions Search