Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpt123svt Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 07:54 AM
    I bought a car about a year ago. I got it financed. After a few days the car dealer said that the car had to be inspected because it had been wrecked. We did what he said and the car didn't pass. We can't get a tag for it which means we can't drive it. We have been trying to get him to either pay the loan off or get us another car. He keeps saying that he will fix it but it is still at a mechanic shop just sitting there. It's been sitting there for a couple of months. The guy will not pay to get it fixed or out of the shop. We found out after about 7 months that that car doesn't even have a clean title on it. He hasn't took it again to get it inspected. He is not doing anything to fix the problem. We spoke to a lawyer and he keeps telling me to do things on my own. He did mention that we should file a couple of charges against him but I was upset when I spoke with him and have forgotten what they were called. One was for not having a title within 30 days and the other was for the 3000 dollars that we have already paid for a car that we couldn't drive. I was wondering if you could tell me the two charges and if there was anything else that I could do. Thanks. I live in Carrollton, Ga.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt123svt
    I bought a car about a year ago. I got it financed. After a few days the car dealer said that the car had to be inspected because it had been wrecked. We did what he said and the car didn't pass. We can't get a tag for it which means we can't drive it. We have been trying to get him to either pay the loan off or get us another car. He keeps saying that he will fix it but it is still at a mechanic shop just sitting there. It's been sitting there for a couple of months. The guy will not pay to get it fixed or out of the shop. We found out after about 7 months that that car doesn't even have a clean title on it. He hasn't took it again to get it inspected. He is not doing anything to fix the problem. We spoke to a lawyer and he keeps telling me to do things on my own. He did mention that we should file a couple of charges against him but I was upset when I spoke with him and have forgotten what they were called. One was for not having a title within 30 days and the other was for the 3000 dollars that we have already paid for a car that we couldn't drive. I was wondering if you could tell me the two charges and if there was anything else that I could do. Thanks. I live in Carrollton, Ga.

When you piggy back your question on top of someone else's question no one sees it -

Hopefully it will get moved.

I'm a little confused - the mechanic sold an uninspected, wrecked car and after the sale discovered it wouldn't pass inspection?

Why don't you take it to a mechanic, get it fixed, sue the used car dealer?

Or, better yet, call the Attorney back because he/she knows the laws in your State, in your area, all of the circumstances, and take his/her advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bought as-is? [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought our first home, and our paper work clearly states AS-IS. Last week and man came to re-po our water softener(because the previous owners hadn't made a payment in the past 18 months, he didn't take it because I had two small children here-at least that's what he said.. BUT when we...

Bought used computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got a used computer and I can not sign on. The password the guy gave me dos not work. Thank you Caren

Bought a Roth IRA for 08 (single) will marry by end of this year [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm single and bought a Roth IRA the first of this year for 08. By the end of this year I will be married, what are my options concerning this particular Roth purchase?

View more questions Search