Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taghreeed Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Could I leave my cat alone?
    My cat is living with me since 7 monthes.. but now my mom had allergy from it we just knew that few dayes ago.. and the doctor said we can't leave it living in the house any more... I love this cat very much and don't know what to do.. I left it with a friend of me but I'm not sure if they will tread it good as I did or what and I want it with me it's my cat!
    I have an offiece I could bring it to my work.. but the question is.. I'm leaving the work from 4 bm to the next day morning... could I leave my cat all that day long alone.. with his food and drinks of course.. or something wrong could happen to him?
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 25, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Felines are "social" animals, like you or I. If left alone, they may become "paranoid", like you or I. Specially since they aren't used to it, from birth. When this happens, they may "attack" curtains or such, and "bolt" through the door or window at first opportunity.

Jun 25, 2008, 04:23 AM
    But the office is as big as a flat.. and my cat is so calm
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 25, 2008, 05:31 AM
    "Break her in" with small stages of solitary, that get progressively longer. That is less of a shock. She will "learn" the "new routine" gradually that way... it's better.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 08:02 AM
    First question... will you company let you have a cat at work?

Jun 26, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy7
    First question... will you company let you have a cat at work?
    Something in your secret.. my boss is my love.. now I can do any thing with this company:cool: any way
    My cat is now OK with my friend.. but I miss it very much
    And I don't want to be unfairfull with it.. if that OK.. I will bring it here
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 07:45 PM
    There are sometimes ways to solve these allergies. Had your mom's doctor made any suggestions on this or just given up?

I personally think a cat is better off with a loving person who can give them good attention some of the time, even if it's in a less-than-ideal situation, than being in some home where no one gives a crap. Not that I'm implying your friend doesn't give a crap -- but I don't know if your friend is intending to keep the cat or this is just temporary. Cats do need love and attention, but they can also deal with being alone for periods.

Ideally, I'd be looking into ways to maybe treat the allergies so your cat can simply stay at home where it belongs.

Jul 3, 2008, 01:48 AM
    Kill my mom but don't bring it back... any way thanks a lot.. I visited my cat few dayes ago but it didn't give me any attention!! It choked me.. I'll bring it to my office as soon as I can... thanks a lot
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 5, 2008, 09:11 AM
    If you really wish to have your kitty here are some things you can do that may help with your mother's allergies:
    1) Take her to a Doc and have him prescribe some allergy meds.
    2) Brush your cat daily. (Outside, if possible so the hair and dander will be released outside.)
    3) Bathe her about once every two months. Don't do this too frequently or you'll dry her out, thus worsening your problem.
    4) Up your housecleaning. Vacuum and dust frequently to remove hair and dander from your surroundings. You can also invest in an air purifier that will suck this stuff out of the air and trap it.
    5) Look into products such as Lo-Shed Spray, that will slow down the process of shedding.

I know it sounds like a lot but such is the life of a pet owner. If you want her that badly it should be easy peasy for you to do these things.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jul 5, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Keeping the doors to the bedrooms closed helps a lot, since cats won't be rubbing up against the bedding or pillows. I think your cat could be fine at the office if they allow it, it doesn't seem any different than you leaving it at home all day while you are at work. But be careful it doesn't get outside there and become lost

Jul 10, 2008, 01:42 AM
    I'll bring it 2marrow... but it's hot here.. what kind of food should I but to him all this houres with out being spoiled?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Your mom can go to the doctor and get medicines to help with her allergies. Please do no abandon your animal or make it live in your office. If you have a basement or a second story where your mother doesn't go much, maybe you can keep the cat on one floor of the house/

Jul 10, 2008, 04:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    Your mom can go to the doctor and get medicines to help with her allergies. Please do no abandon your animal or make it live in your office. If you have a basement or a second story where your mother doesn't go much, maybe you can keep the cat on one floor of the house/
    BUT what's wrong with living in the office?? I can't bring it back home
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 05:06 PM
    I doubt your office will like the cat being there, and being locked in an office is no way of life for an animal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave him alone? [ 5 Answers ]

My Boyfriend had this girlfriend and she told him about her family situation and how she needed a place to stay. His mother let her move in with them. Now she's in college and she only lives with them on semester breaks. She knows I am his girl now but she still doesn't have a place to stay and he...

Why did he leave me? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem... I want to know the reason for my ex leaving me. He told me it is just something that happened beyond his control and this however, is not a valid reason. I thought things were going great with us and it was totally unexpected when he dumped me. I kind of think he did it because...

Why can't I leave [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site, so please bare with me! I just turned 25, I have a 5 1\2 year old and 3 1\2 year old twins, I have been with my husband for going on 8 years and have been married almost 4. My husband is super, insecure, super controlling, and lately super psycho! Over the past year he...

Should I leave him [ 11 Answers ]

He didn't call me. He just wrote to me during summer vacation two letters. He came to school to visit me once, for which it took him one hour. I can't feel loved! Should I leave him? He said "i love you." He kissed me and hugged me. Is it love? I am lost.

View more questions Search