Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    octavia51005 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 10:24 PM
    My husband is looking for good job can someone critique his resume?
    Attached is a my husband's resume in 2003-2007 Microsoft Word format.
    Thank you so much for helping us out. He has never had to make a resume before, and I have always worked for my grandparents. I just took a class that had a section on resumes, but I am still too unsure of myself to rely on my knowledge.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Nothing has shown up about your husband's resume. Would suggest that you not post something this on a public board. If he took a course in resume writing I am sure that it will be okay.
    octavia51005 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Never mind he file is too big to attach. Thanks any way.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Hello o:

Not having seen it, I can STILL say it doesn't do the job. Most resumes don't get read. If you don't capture the attention of the manager in the first TWO seconds after he picks it up, it's going in the trash can. This guy doesn't have time to read 'em all.

So, the resume shouldn't start reporting... It should start SELLING. It should have, as it's top line something like, 15 years of Successful sales experience. Do the reporting stuff on the second page. That's right. No MORE than two pages.

excon
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 11, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Octavia that is not true. I read many of the resume's I receive.

I read all the resume's with cover letters. If I don't find what I am looking for I go and read some of the others.

Write a good cover letter and try to make the resume one or two pages and no more.

If you wish me to read the resume and comment you can send it to me at
    [email protected]

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Critique my poem [ 8 Answers ]

Don't look too close should you see love's beauty burning bright Stand back a bit then look once more at such a glorious sight. When viewed so near it might distort and fool the naked eye. And everything you saw at first was nothing but a lie.

Good Wife, Jealous husband... What do I do? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 21 yrs old, my husband 24 1/2. We've known each other since I was in high school and 3 yrs ago we decided to make it official and begin a serious relationship. We married after two yrs in the relationship. We now have a 9 month old beautiful daughter. It all sounds perfect up until I begin to...

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

View more questions Search