Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Hey, did the hives come visit when you were in Mexico or when you came home? The Northwest environment (in the US) is wet and moldy. It cycles too with some years having more of, whatever. Just move to Egypt, it worked for me.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 09:04 PM
    excon... What part of your body breaks out.

My daughter used to break out so bad that once she ended up in a wheel chair for about 2 weeks. They thought her foot and one leg was going to be covered in scars but as soon as the rash/hives disappeared her the skin returned to normal. It took about 4 weeks to run its course.
    This has happened to her a few times but the one was the most severe. There was another time that her face was so swollen that she was unreconizable to her teachers and classmates.

This started when she was around 5 and the last break out was around the age of 10. She is almost 15. The poor baby freaks out if she gets a bump on her skin. She was given predisone, yeast infection medication, hydrocortisone, benadryl and nothing really helped, it would run its course and she would get OK in a few weeks.

The dermatologist did all types of test and skin biopsy and could never figure out why.

I have a determology website that you could check out... I have at least identified the way some of her rash/hives looked.DermAtlas: Dermatology Image Atlas with 10490 Dermatology Images

Here is some is another site you may find informative Nettlerash, hives, urticaria

I just hope if this ever happens again, that research has come further along and she can get some relief.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Hello again,

It's just my arms... But, it's cool. I'm not surprised there's no answer...

I just wanted to talk with my girlfriends.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Ever thought it might be psoriasis?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again,
    I just wanted to talk with my girlfriends.
    excon
    I'm icked out by that. I'm not even my wife's girlfriend.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Hello again, kp:

Don't you worry. THEY'RE the girlfriends. I'm simply the guy who satisfies 'em.

excon
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Wow.

I'm starting to think that I should add excon to the list of guys I'd run away to Mexico with...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
    I already have added him to my list. ;) If only I was single. :);)
    mavcy20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 PM
    Hi!

I think we are experiencing the same problem. I have been suffering from hives on and off since I was very young. At first the doctor thought that the problem was due to food allergies so I stopped eating foods that commonly cause allergies such as chicken, egg, sea foods, etc. However, few years ago I started eating those foods again and I was fine. Recently, about 1 month, I am being bothered by hives again by some unknown causes. I know it's not brought about by food now, the doctor told me it might be because of stress or dust/pollens. Antihistamines do work but it is really annoying sometimes that you are being caught unguarded by these hives, especially if it occurs on the face, scalp, sole of the feet and palms,which are very itchy and bothersome. I did a research about hives (urticaria) and found out that most of the causes of this condition is idiopathic (unknown). All we have to do is to manage it well and monitor your condition. You may also try reading more from www.rivieraallergy.com for more information regarding allergies. I found some best answers here myself and I thought it might also do you good to read some of them.

Cyra

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat allergy [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest what I could take to cure or ease my symptoms from being allergic to my cat

Allergy for 3 years [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am suffering from nose allergy for 3 years Every day my nose is close , day after day I have eye headace , More over rainy nose , all antihistamine didn't work for me I just moved to Dallas TX and it became worest I need to see a physican for nose allergy but I need advise...

Is this Allergy season? [ 2 Answers ]

I am sneezing a lot. I don't think it's the flu. I had that already. - just stuffiness and sneezing. I thought we were past the allergy season. Does anyone know?

Newborn and Cat Allergy? [ 2 Answers ]

My newborn (6 weeks) recently broke out in a red bumpy rash ONLY on her face. She was slightly congested (very little sneezy and coughing). Someone suggested it might be an allergy to our cat. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced a cat allergy and a small infant and what the signs might...

Do I have allergy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I normally do not have smelly sweat, but these days I feel my sweat smells under one are, and I have red itchy bumps all over, I scratch them and they leave marks all over , do I have allergy ? I have never had any kind of allergy all my life.

View more questions Search