Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steelman64 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 07:10 PM
    A/C compresor doesn't stay engaged.
    I have a 97 neon that the A/C compresor won't stay engaged, it engages for about 5 seconds then disengages for about 5 seconds and it keeps doing that until I turn it off, and it doesn't get cold at all. I checked the charge and it's OK.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 04:33 AM
    The a/c clutch is gone. That's why it does this off and on cycling.
    N2TECHNO Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Is the a/c clutch apart of the compressor?
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2008, 10:44 PM
    Usually. Some can be removed and changed out, but mostly the come as a unit. Try AutoZone.com - Get in the Zone! I could be the recycling switch has gone bad. That would be the cheapest fix, if it has.
    N2TECHNO Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2008, 10:46 PM
    I got a Honda Civic 2000 ex old one went out last year this one is chinese made 1 year old and something in a/c isn't working properly should I just change out compressor to honda one and new drier?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When to get engaged [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: i have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and evertime i bring up getting engaged he ignores the question?

Lawntractor blades will not stay engaged [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed the blades on my Yardman Lawn Tractor. And now the lever that engages the blades will not stay over. I pull the lever left to right and it usually stays in place and the baldes stay engaged. I removed the deck to change the blades. It seems simple enough, I only had to un loop...

Key Obama Iraq advisor urges the US to stay engaged througt at least 2010 [ 4 Answers ]

First Samantha Power working as a foreign policy adviser to Obama suggested that his campaign promises on Iraq might not fully guide his actions as president.Now his key Iraq advisor Colin Kahl has written at the 'Center for a New American Security' an essay entitled “Stay on Success: A Policy of...

160 electric clutch does not stay engaged [ 2 Answers ]

My John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor has an electric clutch. I engage it and it turnes the blades but soon stops and the blades also stop. Is there an adjustment, or some other possible problem, or do I need a new clutch?

AC blower working but fan and compresor not [ 9 Answers ]

My AC fan stop working few days ago, we got a new fan motor , started the unit and the fan did not start. Changed the contactor and one of the capacitators and started fine until I shut it off the AC from inside and now the fan does not want to start. Any help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search