Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    durham1966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Unemployment
    How Long Does It Take To Receive My Unemployment When I'm Laid Off For A Week. My Company File Our Unemployment. What Is The Maximum Wait To Receive My Funds...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Normally you will not receive anything for your first week until you have unemployed for a cerrtain number of weeks first. It is considered normally a wiating week.

After you are out for the second week you will get that check if there is no objection in 2 or 3 more weeks, ** from people I have known.

Also I would go to the unemployment office in person and be sure it has been filed.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 24, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by durham1966
    How Long Does It Take To Recieve My Unemployment When I'm Laid Off For A Week. My Company File Our Unemployment. What Is The Maximum Wait To Receive My Funds....

First of all your company cannot file your unemployment claim for you. You have to do it yourself. You can either go to the unemployment division of the department of labor or in most states you can do it on line.

Your first week is a waiting week as the last poster noted.

You must have worked the required time and earned the required amount for your state before you can draw unemployment, you need to check with the employment office to make sure you are eligible and to sign up.

Shirley
    unemployednow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 08:15 AM

I have a question in regard to unemployment.
    I had just finished taking a real estate course to be an agent p/t on weekends when I was laid off from my job as an administrative assistant. I have been receiving unemployment from this lay off and got a call from a friend about a mobile home she wanted to buy. She bought it and it will close (my commission will be $1000) what do I do about unemployment? Will this disqualify me from receiving unemployment from my f/t job ? How do I report this work to unemployment? Can I still continue to file for unemployment or am I done once I get this money ?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 11, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unemployednow View Post
    I have a question in regard to unemployment.
    I had just finished taking a real estate course to be an agent p/t on weekends when I was laid off from my job as an administrative assistant. I have been receiving unemployment from this lay off and got a call from a friend about a mobile home she wanted to buy. she bought it and it will close (my commission will be $1000) what do I do about unemployment? will this disqualify me from receiving unemployment from my f/t job ? How do I report this work to unemployment? can I still continue to file for unemployment or am I done once I get this money ?
    What you do is report the money for that week. You will not receive unemployment for that week, but you can file again the next week. You have to file 3 weeks of work before your claim is closed.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment w2 [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get your w2 for unemployment off the internet?

Am I eligible for unemployment? [ 3 Answers ]

I worked at a full-time job for over a year. I did no freelance work at this time. I then got laid off. I filed for unemployment but have not collected--I would need to call in. Right after filing, I was offered some freelance work that I did at home over a period of about 2 weeks. I billed for...

Unemployment Appeals [ 2 Answers ]

I have an unemployment appeals coming up. I was fired because I had a critically ill sibling in south america in a coma. I am the only member of family fluent in spanish and I also work as a spanish interpreter. My disabled mother whom I live with had to be accompanied to south america so that she...

How long do you have to be at a job before you can get unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

I just move to TN a few weeks ago. I got a job. I broke my foot but not at work, can I get unemployment benefits since I will be out of work for at least four weeks?

View more questions Search