Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rainbowsparklez Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Doll w/rainbow hair and giant pink bow w/stickers and tennis shoes and secrets
    When I was about 10 years old I got this beautiful doll for my birthday. She had brown hair w/rainbow streaks, a giant pink bow which I still have, it had little stickers in it, tennis shoes, a pink and whitish iridescent dress that had two star buttons and one of them was a stamp. I'm sure she had more secrets but I don't remember. I cannot find her anywhere and do not know the name. Does anyone know?? I am sooo desperate to find this doll, thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I think I remember that doll if it was from around the late 80's early 90's.
    Was it like a rag doll with a plastic face and around the size (and time) of Rainbow Brite, Punky Brewster and
    My kid sister?

Jun 24, 2008, 05:45 PM
    :( no, it was a plastic doll like PJ sparkless. It was around 1997 or 1996. Thanks for trying though, lol
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 05:48 PM
    You could check through Hasbro, Mattel and Playskol to see if you can find it.
    I am looking but haven't found it yet.

Jun 24, 2008, 06:39 PM
    I'll check it out. I have looked everywhere. I am almost sure it must have been from mattel but not 100%. Thanks so much for helping me :)!
    You know what just came to me? I think her name was Penny because I remember hating her name, lol. I am almost suuure her name was Penny.
    roblarson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Hi, The doll that you are referring to is called PEnny Secrets from Mattel 1993.:)

Jul 12, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Omg, thank you SOOOO much! It's exactly the doll I was looking for ;)!

Jul 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
    There is one for sale on eBay: :)
    1993 Mattel PENNY SECRETS 14" Doll * MINT / RARE * HTF - eBay (item 130238150640 end time Aug-10-08 17:57:11 PDT)

I found it while trying to identify mine, I am going to sell an African American Penny Secrets.
    Rob

Jul 12, 2008, 04:50 PM
    I was actually thinking about getting it for my b-day ;), for old time sake. I'm so excited, you don't know how grateful I am, heehee. Mine had brown hair though :P it was the hispanic kind I guess, or maybe even the one you have. She had light skin, she wasn't like black black.

Jul 12, 2008, 06:07 PM
    This is the doll I have. She doesn't have any of the original items or clothing, though.

Jul 12, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Oh, she's cute :). No, that wasn't the one I had either. It must have def been a hispanic version because it's not the blonde doll or yours, I still want to get the onne on eBay though, it's very nicely taken care of

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pink hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I recently tried to dye my from a reddy brown to my natural colour, blonde, I knew it would go a ginger sort of colour first I bleached it and it went a dark ginger colour with my root's turning white then the next day I bleached it again and it went a sort of pink(strawberry) blonde colour...

Anyone know the name of this hot pink-metallic barbie-type doll from the 80's? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, when I was little a lot of my friends had this barbie that had hot pink- metallic body and I think hot pink hair with metallic strands in it.. I was wondering if anyone on here remembers this toy and if they remember the name of it, as I would like to try to find it on eBay..

Pink Disaster with Hair Dye! [ 7 Answers ]

So this weekend I thought I would become festive for the Holiday and put Red hair dye in my already dyed blond hair. Though, I did not realize that I had grabbed Demi-permanent hair dye. It was called RAW Fire-Red. I only put a few streaks in my hair, but I eventually didn't like it. So I...

Doll hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have an animated Mr. & Mrs. Claus from 1990 that I put in my bow window at Christmas time and his hair is looking grey now. My husband says to throw it out but I want to keep it because the figures that are out now are not as big and nice as mine. Anyway does anyone know how I can clean the...

Mid 90s doll with growing and shrinking hair [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a doll that when you cranked the arm it would suck up this dolls long pony tail and then you could pull it out again to make it long? Its driving me crazy trying to figure out what she was called.

View more questions Search