Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilj1227 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Why is my tomato plant dying, when the rest are healthy?
    I have 6 tomato plants and all but one is healthy. It has some yellow leaves and the whole plant is droopy. The plant has a lot of tomatoes on it. I cant' understand why just this one is dying. I have fed them and watered them. I have planted marigolds around the as well. So what could be wrong?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 26, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Some varieties are susceptible to tomato diseases while others have resistance to disease. Tomato diseases are listed on the little plant labels that come with them like VFFNT yours sounds like it might have N or T. T is tobacco mosaic which causes the leaves on a well grown plant to turn yellow and fall off. It can be controlled by planting a resistant variety, by cleaning up all tomato litter and dead plants in the fall and removing these, don't compost it, or by planting in new soil that hasn't had tomatoes or nightshade family crops in it before. Even petunias or flowering tobacco (nicotinia) carry the T virus and could infect your tomato. There is no cure for a plant already affected
    star soaked sky Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 12:32 PM
    It might not get as much sun light as the other plants. Use some fetrilizers on the one that's dying
    aprilj1227 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    Some varieties are susceptible to tomato diseases while others have resistance to disease. Tomato diseases are listed on the little plant labels that come with them like VFFNT yours sounds like it might have N or T. T is tobacco mosaic which causes the leaves on a well grown plant to turn yellow and fall off. It can be controlled by planting a resistant variety, by cleaning up all tomato litter and dead plants in the fall and removing these, don't compost it, or by planting in new soil that hasn't had tomatoes or nightshade family crops in it before. Even petunias or flowering tobacco (nicotinia) carry the T virus and could infect your tomato. There is no cure for a plant already affected

:D I did have my tomato plants around my petunias. I bought my plants from a farmer along with my flowers. I thank you so much for your help, now I know what to look for
    :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

Tomato plant leaves dying [ 2 Answers ]

I have planted a tomato plant from a small leaf I found inside a tomato. It started growing in a small can, then I moved it to a larger pot. It was growing great, about 2 ft tall, but started falling over so I decided it was time for a larger pot again. Well, I moved it to a 5 gal bucket last...

My tomato plant won't fruit [ 1 Answers ]

I got a tomato plant late in the season from a big box store and promptly transferred it into a larger container. It gets plenty of sun and I water it regularly. It flowers, but does not fruit. Any ideas?

Plant tomato hang of hand rail in what? [ 1 Answers ]

I see on TV they have a bag some soil & fertilizer and then put the plant in bag And hang it on hand rail.Has any body try this? What would I use to make myself?

View more questions Search