Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenepele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2006, 08:13 PM
    Weird bowel movements
    Hello!

I have a question about bowel movements

I've been having diarreah (well, it's not THAT bad... more like really soft) for the about three weeks now. I noticed that it smells sour and before I had to go my stomach would hurt (after I went it didn't hurt). I went about 2 times a day, and that was the first week. I also noticed that I was farting way more often than I would normally. The second week it got a little harder and I went once a day instead of two. I'm still farting a lot, but it didn't hurt before I had to go anymore. This week it's about the same, only it changed from light brown to a semi dark yellow color (that happened today, and not a lot came out). And I'm just wondering what the heck is going on with me!

Oh yea, this all started when I got a sore throat and my nose stuffed up...

Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2006, 05:47 AM
    Hi, Ken,
    I am not a Doctor, nor a Professional in this area; just a 64 yrs old man with some experience!
    I do hope you will see a Doctor, and I would suggest seeing a Gastroenterologist. Check in your local phone book for one, or ask friends if they know one they would recommend.
    A Gastroenterologist is a "stomach", throat, and intestines doctor; really helped my wife with similar problems.
    You could have a infection, or a virus, or it could possibly be some type of stomach bacteria. If it continues for another couple of weeks, please get yourself checked out.
    I do wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bowle Movements aren't what they used to be [ 2 Answers ]

On new years I went to stay at a friends house and we started drinking to celebrate the new years. I had a combination of Beer, Saki, Baily's Irish Cream, Brown Nut home brew beer, and bicardi during the night being the total equivlent of about 12 beers I would guess to say. Well anyway for the...

8 month old lab has bowel problems [ 3 Answers ]

Ever since I brought my puppy home with me at 7 weeks old, she's had diarrhea stools. Sometimes it's better, sometimes, it's worse. She's not sick or anything, she acts like a normal crazy puppy. I had a country vet who treated her for worms, then giardia, and then suggested I switch food. None...

Dark bowel movements [ 6 Answers ]

I have have unusually dark colored bowel movements the last week. Is that a sign of pregnancy or something else? Almost like a dark chocolate color. (trying not to be graphic) But I wanted to know if this is normal or something worse.

Bottle fed kittens - no bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

We are feeding KMR to two kittens that are about 3-4 weeks old. They both weigh about 10 ounces and eat about 1/2 - 1 ounce of liquid formula twice a day. They have been urinating after every meal but we have not seen any signs of a bowel movement. We have tried to stimulate the rectum area to...

Nursing cat with no bowel movements [ 6 Answers ]

Edit: <Problem solved> My wife and I recently adopted a cat about a week ago, we discovered her in the back of the building that she was working in and discovered that she was very pregnant, so we decided to take her in.  She gave birth a few hours later. Now, I swear I haven't seen this cat...

View more questions Search