Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petkeepr7789 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
    Cat Help! (soon to be giving birth)
    Hi, I have a couple of questions about my pregnant cat . Well I don't exactly know when the time of her getting pregnant was, but I think she is getting really close to giving birth to her kittens. First of all I would like to know if taking their temperature is an accurate way of telling whe nthey will go into labor. Also do you have to take a rectal temperature or can it be in the ear? I have been taking her temperature in the ear and has been going down in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it was 97.4 degrees, which I am assuming would be considered in the range of when they she will go into labor in 24 hours or less. Still she has not been showing really any signs of beginning labor. Please help!:confused:
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Mar 19, 2006, 03:01 PM
    It is true that a drop in temperature, will warn you of the coming birth, but with not knowing the actual date of conception I would not temp her every day, cats can look like impending birth for two or more week before they acutely go into labor,

If she is anything like the cats I have fostered in my home in the past she will let you know. I have listed a link Pregnancy - Birth - Newborn Care There is one link called Queening (giving birth)There is a spot in it which is called stages of labor, in this section you will find all you need to know pertaining to your cat and birthing. I hope this is helpful to you.
    MCory Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2006, 11:37 AM
    The most accurate way to get a temp. on a cat is rectally and the normal range is from 101-103 degrees but some animals run high or low. The ear is not a reliable method for temp. taking as it is in humans. I wish it was but in our clinic we've tried a few of the ear thermometers but they just don't work. I'm sure the cats wish it did though. Hope this helps.
    ellarocks Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 09:14 AM
    OK nice
    xox.allie.xox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Well I didn't know anything about my cat when she was pregnant I called the vet and I got told to just leave her and she will let you know when she is going into labour so that is what I did I also looked things up online to try to help me out a little more and things that they said were watch her vag and when you see white or yellow stuff coming out of her vag they are coming so get her to where she is going to have her kittens and today about an hour and a half ago she sarted crying to my sister in law so she braught her to me and I looked a her vag and sure enough here was white stuff and so far she has three kittens hope this helps :)
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Sep 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
    5 years old. Cat is not still pregnant. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend is giving me a headache [ 4 Answers ]

OKAY so... here I am almost 7 months after when the relationship started. Things began to get a little rocky a few weeks ago when school was starting. This semester I'm in right now means a lot to me, because I screwed up freshman year I'm now digging myself out of a hole, and after this...

Trouble with PC giving out VGA signal [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Was using my PC last night when all of a sudden it went off. Turning it back on again resuts in the monitor saying "No Signal" My first reaction was the graphics card but I had a spare and changed it but still no display. I should mention that when I turn my PC on I get no beeps and al the...

Help With Giving Roommate Bad Credit [ 2 Answers ]

While living with roommates, I was responsible for paying the power bill, even though the account was in another roommates name. I didn't pay the bill for a good portion of the year and it has finally shown up on my roommates credit. Is it possible to have the debt transferred to me, since it was...

Giving up my dreams? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go...

View more questions Search