Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinacasler Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Squeaky dryer
    We have a dryer that is obnoxiously squeaking every time that the drumb spins... first off I don't know what is wrong with it... second we would like to fix it... but my big question is it safe to use in the mean time?? Lastnight I hung all my wet clothes in the garage and guess what?? Yep... they are all still wet... :confused:

Mar 18, 2006, 05:33 PM
    Please I am in dire need to use my dryer is there any advice anyone could give me about my problem...
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Mar 18, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinacasler
    please I am in dire need to use my dryer is there any advice anyone could give me about my problem...
    I think it safe for YOu to use... it could be a bearing need grease or a belt need adjustment/ new one

Mar 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Thank you at least someone replied... ;)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2006, 06:51 PM
    I was hoping Applguy would answer. A squeak could be the drum rubbing against some rubber. Try a little soapy water at the edge of the drum front and back. If that stops it, post back and maybe Applguy will give you a good fix. Could be the belt or rollers, harder to get at. Dry bearings tend to be more of a screech. If that is the case, the bearing is already ruined, but it may keep running a while. Keep an eye on it. The heat sensors should shut the heat off if the fan stops, but may fail.

If you don't get a good answer, I will try to help you figure it out. Can't get a repairman until Monday, and maybe you will have it fixed by then.

Mar 18, 2006, 07:27 PM
    I actually messaged applguy because I saw that he helped someone else out but he didn't answer me... It is kindof a screech.. I do know that it is really loud... I just don't want my house to burn down if I do some laundry.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 20, 2006, 09:38 PM
    Apologies, the "you know what" has been hitting the fan quite frequently as of late. There is no danger whatsoever from using your dryer. I can probably help you, but I need to know what the model number of your dryer is. Without it, I won't be much help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

Squeaky dryer - Kenmore Stackable [ 8 Answers ]

My 10 year old Kenmore stackable dryer unit has been squeaking loudly for about 3 weeks. It is also drying much slower than usual. The vents do not appear plugged. The high pitch squeak occurs on each rotation of the drum and sometimes briefly is quiet. Is this something I might be able to...

GE Profile Squeaky Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Your description on repairing the Frigidair squeaky dryer was very clear. I too have a squeaky dryer but it is a GE Profile. If it is not too much trouble can you please provide the same clear directions on how to fix my problem. One added comment. The squeak is louder and more frequent with...

Samsung squeaky dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All: I have been following the threads on squeaky dryers. I have a (just) one year old Samsung stackable dryer (model DV4006) that has just started squeaking. First it was intermittent, now it is continuous (and piercing!). Is it normal for these parts to go so quickly? I hope to try to...

View more questions Search