Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JLYOUNG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Riding Mower B&S runs, but under load boggs down
    Good day,
    Have a Murry 42" 18.0 Briggs & stratton engine. Now the engine does not like to start with a choke. When engaging the blades the engine boggs down then builds back up. When cutting any grass it runs 1/3 normal speed (engine). I checked for blocked air intake and changed fuel. In off, turning engine by hand seems to have strong compression. Not sure what to look for here.

Thank you,
    Jeff

<moved>
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Jeff, you could be missing a governor spring, or the governor could be messed up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding lawn mower to riding go-cart [ 6 Answers ]

I want to convert a riding mower, with a bad engine, to some type of riding go-cart. I'll probably put some type of small engine it it for power, but want something the kids can creep around the yard with. Any ideas? Thanks, G

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

12.5 hp B&S riding mower stalls under load [ 2 Answers ]

I am a novice mechanic. My 12.5 b&s (Murray) was leaking fuel from the carb. I put in overhaul kit for Nikki carb. Solved fuel leak. Now mower only runs when holding in clutch. Engine stalls when release clutch to engage drive belt. Thanks for your input.

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

Snapper Mower, riding, B&Stranton 9hp Starts, runs, dies... [ 2 Answers ]

So I was feeling pretty snappy from having got my mom's push mower running. She had put a new spark plug in, I gapped it, and drained fuel, took of round thingy with a float in it and washed a screw with hole (in gas). She is mowing with it now! Great... But her riding mower, snapper, with 9...

View more questions Search