Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendysm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Title? Man travels across country on lawnmower to see dying brother.
    Hello there,

I am new to this site and would like to try to make some friends and find out some information that is nagging me in the process. I appreciate any help in this matter.

I am trying to find the title of a movie I saw a few years ago about a man that finds out that his brother is dying and he decides to go see him, but he can't travel in any conventional way (reason? Don't remember). He ends up using his ride along mower to make the trip... Can you help me with the title?/

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 12:58 PM
    That is one of my favorite movies. It's called The Straight Story starring Richard Farnsworth as Alvin Straight in his last movie role shortly before he died. He rides a John Deere riding lawnmower over the roads of Kansas to where his brother (played by Dean Stanton) lives in Wisconsin. The music is hauntingly beautiful and the story is slow moving. Sissy Spasek stars as his retarded daughter. My son and I call it the Lawnmower Story. I've seen it probably a zillion times so far... and plan on seeing it a few zillion more times. It was directed by David Lynch in 1999.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 01:40 PM
    You might have to buy it on Ebay or Amazon. I got a copy off Amazon in VHS dirt cheap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for country song title mid 90s [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the title and artist for a mid 90s country song all I remember for lyrics is (you can't stop a river from running to the ocean) I am pretty sure it was sung by a female

Find a Country Music Title [ 1 Answers ]

What is the title to a Country song with the lyrics "The Statue of Liberty is shaking her fist"?:confused:

Title or artist of country song [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone has heard this song they would remember it as I have but I never caught the title or artist! It has a "hokey, laid back" feel and the male vocalist almost drones about "gonna borrow 40 bucks"... "gonna go into town"... "gonna have me dance"... "gonna fall in love and...

Brother in law dying. [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I dreamt that my brother in law was dying of cancer and I was really distraught while every one else was trying to put a brave face on for him. I looked in my dream dictionary this morning and it said that I wished him dead which is not true. What does it really mean? :(

View more questions Search