Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vivaaskme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Is not accessible the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
    Dear all..
    My external usb hard disk was running,.
    Then by mistake I pluged it out without clicking on safely remove hard ware ,
    After restarting my computer I got below window message when I'm triyng to open it.

H:/ is not accessible the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable .

All my business and important data are inside so please tell me the soulition with all many thanks.

Thank you
    Best Regards
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 04:27 PM
    So this message comes up now when you put usb drive in?

See if you can try it in another computer to see if error comes up

Start, settings, control panel, system, jardware tab, device mgr

Are there any yellow marks listed when the drive is inserted?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Save directory listing to .txt file [ 11 Answers ]

This is kind of part2 to a question long closed. I played with software to do this but did not like the registry changes it made. I'm using WinXP I dug up an old email with "instructions" but cryptic ones to my pea-brain: Me: "Can you remind me how to save a directory listing to file?"...

How do I get my data from a file that is now corrupted and unreadable? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I have an external hard drive that has been working fine for months then all of a sudden I tried to open some files and I get the message THE FILE IS CORRUPTED AND UNREADABLE! But some of the other files I can open fine why is this, and how can I get my data back? Please help!...

Single file copy to same directory on multiple machines - XP [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'd like to use any copy command (PSexec, Robocopy, copy, xcopy) to copy a SINGLE file to the same location on MULTIPLE machines using XP. e.g. XCopy TEST.txt \\MACHINE1\C:\MyDir XCopy TEST.txt \\MACHINE2\C:\MyDir XCopy TEST.txt \\MACHINE3\C:\MyDir Cxopy TEST.txt ...

How can I change the file directory for vids on my phone [ 1 Answers ]

That about sums it up, really. I take vids on my phone, sony ericsson walkman thingy and it saves them as 3gp files. Can I change the setting? I'm not very bright. I am 94 years old. Please help. Ta marcoski - moved from forum help -

".is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an external HDD in which I have made a partion T. When I was transferring my data (name for example xyz) from desktop computer to the external HDD in T folder, the transfer, in the midway, failed because of failed connectivity of my external HDD to desktop computer, so I tried...

View more questions Search