Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catting Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Abortion and abuse in society
    Please help. I have an assignment on abortion. I want to kown the moral views. And I need some information on the types of abuse in the family or on society as a whole.
    THANK YOU.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Is your assignment on abortion and domestic abuse, and how the two relate to each other, or are those separate essays? Also, which society are you taking about? Western society, or societies all around the world? The answers could be different depending on which you mean.

For example, as bibi mentions, in a lot of cases, abortions can be avoided if women use birth control or don't have sex at all. However, this is not the case if a woman has been raped, or if she is in an abusive relationship with a husband or boyfriend, where she has no choice about having unprotected sex.

In many parts of the developing world, women have no say as to when or with whom they will have sexual relations. In some parts of Africa, girls are forced into marriage at the age of 10 or 11, before they are physically able to give birth to a child. Many of these girls die giving birth, or are forever scarred by the birth... they can't have anymore children, and often suffer from fecal incontinence (can't control going to the bathroom). Their families and husbands then abandon them. Should these girls not be able to have safe abortions, or at least access to birth control? It's a very complex issue. In a perfect world where no women were being abused or exploited, abortions would not be necessary. But unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still no period after abortion [ 3 Answers ]

If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on

Don Marquis, Abortion, Potentiality Principle [ 3 Answers ]

The question I am trying to answer is whether Don Marquis' argument against abortion is simply a restatement of the potentiality principle. I don't think it is because Marquis does not appeal to personhood. But, WHY is it important that Marquis doesn't appeal to personhood?

Liability for abortion complications [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. A woman has an abortion. Afterward she has an infection which forces her to be taken to the hospital. She now owes $2500 in doctor bills, and is threatening to sue the baby's father for these bills. Is there any liability on the part of the baby's father, assuming that they are not...

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

Abuse? [ 10 Answers ]

I don't know where to start... I am wondering when behavior becomes abusive. My husband and I have been together for 13 years and I don't know if I am in an abusive relationship. I'm not even sure I want to know. We met in highshcool and shortly after I became pregnant, 3 months to be...

View more questions Search