Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacky1 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Computer science job
    I am going to be graduating after next year with a computer science degree and I am kind of worried about having to find a job and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I was wondering what kinds of jobs people get with a computer science degree. I really like programming but if I got a job with programming would I just write one program for a company and that would be the end of my job? What would I do after that? Or would I get a job where I work for a company and fix employees computers? If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jun 22, 2008, 11:18 PM
    Colleges and universities have companies come in and recruit for jobs available in their industry... I encourage you to attend and speak to them.

I was recruited my last year of college by a company that was looking for computer science degreed people... this field is not as vast as it once was but it is still very much in demand... companies are looking for IT integrators... someone that can help them use hardware/software effectively... not just writing one program.

Network with graduates coming out of the same program and find out what they've done... the careers are out there... you just have to look and discover.
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
    "Congrats" on your degree. Regrettably, a college degree is not the end, it's only the beginning. Many positions in this field have been exported to countries where labor is cheaper. Many US employers are bringing in qualified foreign nationals, providing them housing and paying them less. According to the Dept. of Labor, the average citizen changes jobs every three to five years... get used to it, you're going to be looking for jobs a lot. This may be out of fashion, but with a degree you may be a commissioned officer working in your field, for the Air Force... at least that way your competition will be with other citizens...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to choose Computer Science Ph.d topic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Sambath, I have finished my M.sc in computer science and I like to do Ph.d. I am struggling to choose my topic. I am looking for middleware technology (mq-series,wbimb,weblogic) related topics. I greatly appreciate if some one helps me to get good topic. Regards, Sambath.

York University - Computer Science [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am currently in grade 12 and I am thinking of going to York University for Computer Science. I know that waterloo is one of the best universities for computers but I do not want to leave home because its really expensive. I was just wondering if anybody heard anything about the computers at...

View more questions Search