Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 22, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Sharp stabbing pains under left rib *possibly 8 weeks or more*
    I have this sharp stabbing pain on the bottom left side of my ribcage. I got a positive pregnancy test about 3 weeks ago and I have no idea how far along I am. Probably 8 weeks or more. The pain feels like those cramps you get when you run too much, but I didn't go running or do anything. When I sit down or lay down it the pain goes away. Does it sound like something I should really worry about? My first doctors appointment isn't until the middle of July (she was booked until then). I don't feel any pain around my lower abdomen, just around the rib cage. Any ideas?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Have you ever had any gall bladder problems?
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
    February of last year I went to the ER for bad side pains then they never found any problems. Then while I was in my third trimester I had a sore spot again and they checked for problems again and found nothing. Maybe they missed something is there any other way to know if it could be my gall bladder?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Here are some signs of having gall bladder problems:

1. On the right side of the rib cage, the feeling of severe pain initiates, initiating in moderation. With acute pain radically moving to different parts of the body like hands, shoulders or creating severe back ache at later stages.

2. The gallbladders symptoms can be imagined if there is constant sever pain in the biliary colic, i.e. on the upper abdominal part; which is often ignored.

3. Several common symptoms like nausea, vomiting or gas; which are often under the misconception of general diseases can often be prime symptoms of gallbladder problems arising out of the malfunctions.

4. Gall bladder problems can be very dangerous at later stages, if not treated properly. The symptoms of gallbladder are not instantaneous, they are chronic in nature. People suffering from gall bladder problems often complain about indigestion, gas, not adapt to digest fatty foods.

5. Most possibly these symptoms occur when gallstone, viz. absurd stones flowing inside the gallbladder get trapped inside the bile duct.

6. In even worse conditions, these symptoms often lead to change in color of the skin, that’s the skin changes to yellow and often whites of eyes symptoms get started when the bile pigment tends to be in higher amount inside the stream.

7. The pain often tends to get increased after a meal of some higher amount of fat and high on these factors. But this can’t be the deciding factor as it is not the sole symptom of gallbladder problem.

8. The pain can go notch higher if the patients tend to inhale deeply or so, causing enormous difficulty to deal with the disease.

9. The pain mostly is symptomized in the form of attacks… There is no specified duration of the attack. It can be of few minutes, and at the same time, it can last up to hours and hours altogether.

10. There can be marked change in the color and nature of the stool. The stool changes to lighter color and is often followed with diarrhea and constipation.

11. Often what is considered as symptoms of nausea and cold can be due to the gallbladder problems. Like pain on the brows of eyes or abrupt fluid coming after eating unhealthy food often show the symptoms of gallbladder.

Also, you should go to a doctor asap, to get check out. This way they can treat you if something is wrong and get prenatal care to see how far along you are. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pains during sex [ 16 Answers ]

Recently during sex I have been getting some odd, sharp pains. It seems to be in my upper pelvic region usually on the left side. Now, my boyfriend thankfully has a very large penis so I do sometimes get sore and have pain when he gets too deep but this is different from anything I've felt. I'm...

Sharp pains. What's happening? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: okay I'm 14 years old and I just lost my virginty to a 17 year old. Ever since I been having sharp pains in my vagina. Im so scared. I don't know what to do. Do I have a std? Am I pregnant?:confused: Please help me. Thanks

Sharp stabbing pains [ 4 Answers ]

I have sharp stabbing pains in my lower left abdomen usually right before my period or when I'm running or right after sex. The pains are so intense I curl up in a little ball not wanting to move cause when I move one single muscle anywhere it hurts so bad I want to scream. I also have lower back...

Pregnancy, Sharp Pains in Stomach [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is about 7 weeks pregnant and she is getting sharp pains in here stomach. We are unsure what the cause of this could be.

View more questions Search