Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess Buyer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Transition to Lead
    I was recently appointed department lead. My manager is off site at a different location.

One of my co-workers is not accepting my transition to lead well. She tries to go around me and directly to our manager. We are friends and go to lunch together often. I have been very patient with her and let her work her feelings out on my new role. Recently she has been very short tempered with me when I ask for info to pass on to management.

I will be taking lead training shortly and hope to gain some knowledge on how to handle this situation. In the meantime, I'd like a little advise.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Hello P:

Tell her how it is, in no uncertain terms. Leave it to her to choose to be your friend and a compliant employee, or not. Maybe she just can't handle it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Had to be a boss to people you are friends with, they will either not respect you or try to take advantage of it, I would agree, take her to lunch, explain you are now the lead and that she will have to accept it and deal with it, if things were going to work properly.
    Princess Buyer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
    I am happy to report my co-worker has apologized for her bad attitude.

We have a ways to go, but I believe we are on the right track.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax filing after F1 to H1b transition [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I changed from F1 OPT to H1b status in October 2007. My company also initiated a PERM application towards residency on my behalf. What form I should file for my federal income tax return ? Do I still qualify for 1040 NR ? Can I file 1040 NREZ? Help is much appreciated, Mahesh

Transition between floors [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed engineered hardwood floors in my living room and hallway. I did not extend the wood into the closets, I just left the carpet inside those since the carpet will not be seen with the doors closed. What is the best way to hold the carpet down and cover the ends of the wood boards?

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

View more questions Search