Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 22, 2008, 04:56 PM
    TAXES: John McCain vs. Barack Obama
    I can't afford to vote for McCain and neither can middle and lower class America. Vote Obama!

YouTube - CNN Crunches Obama and McCain Tax Plans
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Whoever the next President is, he will have to raise taxes to pay for the Wars in Iraq and in Afghanistan.

Obama will not tax the families with income under $250,000.00.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Obama Tax Policies Penalize, McCain's Reward - HUMAN EVENTS
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux

Obama will not tax the families with income under $250,000.00.
    Say what? Perhaps you would like to revise and extend?

Jun 23, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Fat cats get rewarded under the McCain tax structured policy as the CNN non-partisan clearly demonstrated. The more you make the more John McCain looks out for you. Ann Richards targeted George Herbert Walker Bush when she said he was "born with a silver spoon in his mouth," however every Republican since has proved her correct. The break line is at 112K. If you make less than 112K your punished under John McCain's plan. However, for example, if you make 2.9 million, you pay more taxes under Obama, but guess what "Tom"... you're rewarded under John McCain. Yup! There's that reward for the fat cats! Another Republican p!$$ on the under income middle and lower class plan as we suffer through inflation and a slow economy. No thank you "John McCain." Vote Obama!

speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 08:39 AM
    "Married making $60,000: McCain’s tax is only $9,000. Obama will hit you for $16,000."

If Human Events is right I can't afford Obama. Of course, everyone has their own analysis of their tax plans but they all agree Obama will cost taxpayers more. Obama "would raise taxes for almost 10 million senior households, over a third of the total," for an overall reduction of 1.9 percent in after tax income for seniors according to the Tax Policy Center.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 08:45 AM
    More class warfare from Democrats; nothing new. So Obama's message to the young folks just entering the labor market is, "Not only will I not reform the Social Security debacle made by your grandparents, but if you are successful and do well in Obama's Amerika, I will punch in you in the pocket-book." We are supposedly, "Land of the free, Home of the brave." Not with Obama, however. More like, "Land of the meek, Home of the Sheep." No thanks.

Jun 23, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Let's see... who's figures should we trust? The facts presented by non-partisans as demonstrated on CNN and shown to a world wide audience or a Republican written article by a Republican that voted for Dubya twice?

Vote Obama!
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Let's see...who's figures should we trust? The facts presented by non-partisans as demonstrated on CNN and shown to a world wide audience or a Republican written article by a Republican that voted for Dubya twice?!

Vote Obama!
    My my: nonpartisans on CNN? CNN as 'nonpartisan'?

Jun 23, 2008, 09:19 AM
    George, you deny the facts?
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:38 AM
    George, you deny the facts?
    At this point, a plan is a plan, and all plans depend upon the assumptions involved in the equation. Meanwhile, here are some facts: FactCheck.org: Do middle-income persons pay lower federal income taxes under Bush than they did under Bill Clinton?
    Of course, as they say, past results is no guarantee of future results.

Jun 23, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Just wanted to make it clear that in this election "McCain vs. Obama" that it was non-partisan study presented by CNN. If you want to go off the subject and speak on Bill Clinton and Dubya, I'll be glad to help you beat both of them up.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Hello:

Let's see - we got statistics, and we got other statistics.. Then we got politicians. I don't believe any of 'em.

DO I believe that Obama has MY interests at heart better than does McCain? I DO, and THAT'S how I'm going to make my decision...

This other stuff, is just okee doak.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Just wanted to make it clear that in this election "McCain vs. Obama" that it was non-partisan study presented by CNN. If you want to go off the subject and speak on Bill Clinton and Dubya, I'll be glad to help you beat both of them up.
    The point is, in politics, it is never "non-partisan"; and in politics, there is context. Clinton promised tax cuts, just to beat the Elder Bush, in which he lied and raised taxes. I can recall Bill saying, "I've worked harder on this than any thing in my life and we just can't afford this tax cut...blah, blah, blah...." That, Bobby-boy, is a Democrat tax cut. Obama will be no different; in fact, the "Bush" tax cuts will expire in 2010, right? And then Obama has his 'soak the successful' program that you are swooning over.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 04:53 PM
    The inflation tax hasn't run its full course yet. When it has, real taxes will be raised... don't worry. When they are, I'll bet your poor ole grey haired granny will be hit harder than Bill Gates or your garden variety Wall Street Execs.

Jun 23, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    The point is, in politics, it is never "non-partisan"; and in politics, there is context. Clinton promised tax cuts, just to beat the Elder Bush, in which he lied and raised taxes. I can recall Bill saying, "I've worked harder on this than any thing in my life and we just can't afford this tax cut...blah, blah, blah...." That, Bobby-boy, is a Democrat tax cut. Obama will be no different; in fact, the "Bush" tax cuts will expire in 2010, right? And then Obama has his 'soak the successful' program that you are swooning over.

You keep moving the target George. Now the argument is that Obama and McCain both liars based on past politicians. All right. I can see your sick of politicians in general. Who isn't? I certainly am! I place politicians in a category next to car salesman, lawyers, and visits to the dentist. Now if you can afford otherwise, vote for McCain. I have plenty of friends that are simply voting for John McCain because they are wealthy, but I'm not. Actually some of are very wealthy. Yes, as is, I'd rather soak the wealthy, I know they can afford it. I'm currently looking to put my wife to work part-time for a second income. Oh! Bobby-boy here has his eyes on a new model Kahr Arms / .45 ACP Models / PM Series (for conceal carry factor) and yet that's not even close to being in my current budget. My wife wants a few things herself like Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories. Hmm come to think of it, a second car might become a necessity if she gets a job, and perhaps I'll just buy a used vehicle and let her drive my car. Anyway my point is that we've put off purchasing from the wish list so often just for our family necessities. Outside of some connections and fringe benefits, I'm your average Joe middle class guy. That's another reason why I'm voting Obama.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 07:19 PM
    OK. You're OK, Bobby; just a little young and abused.

Jun 23, 2008, 07:37 PM
    I think your around my pops age, in your mid to late sixties? I never knew if that 1950 was associated with your actual birth date or represented something else? Abused? Well I had previous a marriage to fiery hot headed Latina from Brazil and that probably counts for some wear and tear :eek:. Life's certainly a wonderful continuous learning process and we can never learn enough.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:24 PM
    You are obviously a bright fellow, Bobby. What I would like to know is why you say: "I'd rather soak the wealthy, I know they can afford it." How do you feel about just going to one of your friends and/or neighbors and just taking their money because they can afford it; just pull out your gun or whatever weapon of choice amuses you, and take their money, which no one gave to them, and give it to the government? I hope you wouldn't do that, but it's no less a theft to hire Obama to steal for you. Bobby, you work for your money and it's yours; same with me. How do you reconcile giving your neighbor or the IRS the authority to take what does not belong to them?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 11:04 PM
    You keep moving the target George. Now the argument is that Obama and McCain both liars based on past politicians. Alright. I can see your sick of politicians in general. Who isn't?! I certainly am! I place politicians in a category next to car salesman, lawyers, and visits to the dentist. Now if you can afford otherwise, vote for McCain. I have plenty of friends that are simply voting for John McCain because they are wealthy, but I'm not. Actually some of are very wealthy. Yes, as is, I'd rather soak the wealthy, I know they can afford it. I'm currently looking to put my wife to work part-time for a second income. Oh! Bobby-boy here has his eyes on a new model Kahr Arms / .45 ACP Models / PM Series (for conceal carry factor) and yet that's not even close to being in my current budget. My wife wants a few things herself like Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories. Hmm come to think of it, a second car might become a necessity if she gets a job, and perhaps I'll just buy a used vehicle and let her drive my car. Anyway my point is that we've put off purchasing from the wish list so often just for our family necessities. Outside of some connections and fringe benefits, I'm your average Joe middle class guy. That's another reason why I'm voting Obama.
    I just want one of them circus canons that I can shoot myself out of. That would cover a new gun and a new car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Barack Obama a Jew [ 17 Answers ]

Is Barack Obama a Jew? Where can I learn more about him?

More political heartburn for Obama. Will McCain capitalize on this? [ 7 Answers ]

The news reports that the verdict is in. The question is: Will Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain capitalize on this and other stories surrounding Obama and his friends? ABC News: Verdict Brings Unwanted Friend to Obama Victory Party

Barack, John McCain or Hillary? [ 37 Answers ]

For me, I liked Hillary - but am growing weary of some of the falsehoods (although, some may not be of her fault). But am having trust issues. Barack - was weaking on him as time was going, and then came the comments the other day about folks turing towards guns and religion. I don't know,...

Where would Hillary, McCain, and Obama appear on the chart? What about you? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you willing to take the test? If so, it's free: The Political Compass - Test

Barack Obama [ 20 Answers ]

6400 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

View more questions Search