Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Which camera to buy
    I am signed up for a still photography class.

I use a Canon A40 Powershot for work - I point the camera, press the button, it takes good photos.

The instructor suggests a better camera - but he also said I could get a close up lens for the Canon.

Any suggestions on what I should buy - or not buy?

I don't want a camera only for close-up photos but that would be the primary use at this time.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I would suggest getting the lens. It would do what you want to do just fine. I took thousands and thousands of pictures in the days when digital cameras were not even thought of. I used a Canon AE-1 and had many different lenses. I took prize winning photos using this camera. I also took several courses in photography as well.
    cdnphotog Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2008, 03:55 PM
    If your going to invest in a photography course look into buy an inexpensive digital SLR (the type that allows for the lens to be changed)
    I'd recommend a Canon Rebel XTi - here are some Canadian prices - Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi Price Comparison
    You can get any lens you want including a macro or "close-up". I think it's usually kitted with an 18-55mm.

Happy Shooting!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
    You will have to get SLR camera. Chose your brand carefully. But Canon and Nikon are very good brands. I suggest that you go to KenRockwell.com. There, you will find all the info about the subject as you ever need to know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good camera [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I find a good camera, that's not too pricey. I do not want a digital camera I like the old fashiond kind, does anyone have any suggestions?

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

Digital Camera [ 4 Answers ]

I know this "forum" is about computers but I wanted to ask a question about a digital camera so hopefully someone can help me. I want to buy a DIGITAL CAMERA that can take multiple pictures at once... I hate waiting for it to take the picture wait for the flash show the picture and then reset to...

JL2005A toy camera [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change the color on the camera cause all I see is black and I have lots of lights on?

View more questions Search