Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeccahns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Ac freezing
    I have cleaned the filters and the inside coils and it still is freezing. Blower is working.
    I noticed leaves have lined the inside of the unit an inch thick that is housed outside. Is this a problem for freezing of unit?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Definitely unclog all the leave from the outside unit. That could very well contribute heavily to the problem you are having. For an a/c unit to work well it needs unrestricted air flow both inside and outside.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 03:25 PM
    It could be you are low on refrigerant. That is a usual cause of freezing up. Turn the outside unit off and let the blower run in the furnace unit ALL the ice is gone. Then turn the unit back on and check to be sure the blower is working. If it freezes up again call for on site service.
    mikiej52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 05:02 PM

Two things can cause icing in the evap section, improper air flow, and low refrigerant charge. Improper air flow can be caused by many things, dirty filters, dirty coils, too many supply vents closed. The motor speed needs to be correct also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Freezing! [ 6 Answers ]

It seems pretty much normal that most women are colder than men, but this is just bad. I am constantly shivering in my own house, while my husband is sweating. I wear sweat shirts and pants ALL the time! My teeth chatter at work... and I wear a jacket in the office! I have been told I need more...

Freezing Ref [ 2 Answers ]

I have a refrigerator that occasionally will freeze product on Ref side. I happens about once each month. What could the problem be and what can I chaeck or do? Thanks

Xp freezing at log on [ 1 Answers ]

I've had this problem for a while. Everything freezes up during start up. If I do manage to start up then the computer freezes after a couple of minutes. I've bought RegCure but that hasn't helped. Has anyone got any ideas? Many thanks Alanp:confused:

AC freezing up. [ 5 Answers ]

Installed it all and charged it on Sunday. Coil is 2" above furnace, called a guy to braze pipes and check pressure. Said all was fine and good. Air was good and cold but it was clear some ductwork needed to be done so I am planning that, but I got plenty of return air and now I also got an inch...

Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My computer freezes when I am trying to watch Internet TV or stream video. Does anybody knows what is the problem? Tx

View more questions Search