Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinny1977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 01:55 PM
    How do I get my data from a file that is now corrupted and unreadable?
    Hi Guys

I have an external hard drive that has been working fine for months then all of a sudden I tried to open some files and I get the message THE FILE IS CORRUPTED AND UNREADABLE! But some of the other files I can open fine why is this, and how can I get my data back?

Please help! :confused:
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 22, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Due to the construction and addressing of the hard disk it is possible that a certain group of data gets corrupted, while most others not. Often the development of such a problem is the start of the deterioration of a much bigger section on the drive. So back up all data asap.

Go to "Start". Go to "This computer". Right click on the specific hard disk. Right click on "Properties". Click on "Extra". Click on "Fault check". Select "Repair damaged sectors and repair". Click on "Start/Go". Follow instructions.

Success !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I restore Nokia 6230.nfb data file on my computer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I have Nokia 6230 data backup file having extension like 6230.nfb on my computer. Is this possible to restore this data file on my computer instead of my mobile because I have important contacts in it. Unfortunately, I have lost its data cable n CD. Thanks in Advance

Print Image is too small and unreadable. [ 2 Answers ]

I am encountering a recurring problem while working with HP laserjet printers. The page is generated and prints out properly in a PDF format and can be successfully printed. But when it is printed directly to an HP Laserjet printer (generally a model 1018 or 1120 Deskjet), the printed image is...

".is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I have an external HDD in which I have made a partion T. When I was transferring my data (name for example xyz) from desktop computer to the external HDD in T folder, the transfer, in the midway, failed because of failed connectivity of my external HDD to desktop computer, so I tried...

Outlook 2003 - checking data file 'Personal Folders' for problems [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to turn this OFF? My computer has a few issues of its own.. nothing that bothers me too bad. Sometimes, it shuts itself down overnight and I usually have evrything still open... like outlook 2003. I know that the problem is NOT with outlook but every time I go to open outlook...

Burn data file... [ 2 Answers ]

I want to back my files and I want to burn it to DVD disc... But the problem is, I don't have DVD writer... is the any software that emulates black dvd disc to burn my file using CD writer... :confused:

View more questions Search