Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HmTownhero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Honda Accord Electrical problems
    My 2003 Honda accord will not start, I was driving on a highway and the malfunction indicator came on, the car was running fine, I got where I was going and turned the car off. The next day the car would not start, no lights, no noise when key is in the ignition, engine did not even attempt to turn over. I changed the battery, still nothing. Could there be a fuse problem? If not any other ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
    . Check all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. Here's how:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Be thorough checking fuses or it can cost you time and money later.

. Check for codes--one or more codes should have been stored, since the MIL came on.

. Check ignition switch, if all fuses test okay and none of the dash lights come on:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda accord electrical shuts off when driving [ 42 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda Accord that occasionately shuts off while driving down road. First thought it just ran out of gas but running out of gas would not shut all electrical systems down. Anyone have any ideas?

Honda Accord Euro 2003 Electrical [ 9 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my electrics in general. Here is what's happening: A. While driving (daytime) occasionally my dash lights, needles and radio lose power momentarily. General while slowing down (braking). B. While driving (at night) the same thing happens but the headlights go out too....

1990 HOnda accord no start, weak electrical maybe [ 8 Answers ]

My 1990 honda accord recently needed a electrical switch replaced for my ignition, my car is a manual transmission. A honda master technition gave me the part I needed off a 1991 honda accord automatic. Came home plugged it in, started my car up twice to test it. Worked great, no problems,...

Honda Accord 1999 - MAIN Electrical supply missing (intermitent) [ 3 Answers ]

No MAIN electricity in the car. Only BRAKE light on the instrument panel is lit and maybe KEY light. I don't think they are significant, because Headlights, Emergency 4-blinkers, Inside light (on the roof), even radio don't get electricity. I tried it 10 times today. Occasionally MAIN...

2001 Honda Accord Ex Coupe Trans/electrical? [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 2001 Honda Ex Coupe That Gets Regularly Stuck In Park. Have To Cycle The Ignition And "stomp" On The Brake Pedal Numerous Times To Get It To Shift Out Of Park. There Are Numerous Lights On The Dash On Also. They Are Random In Which Ones And Length Of Time They Stay On. I Don't Know...

View more questions Search