Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollywood90 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Underwater welding
    Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Millionaire? Sure, someday. Not overnight, though.

I did see some informative links here ... but the range is from not enough to pay rent to thousands a week.

Most of them agree, though, that it's like any other specialty field: Depends on your skills and who you work for.
    hollywood90 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Mar 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
    I have no idea how to use this. I think I am aswering you back, I hope I am. Thank you for your input. Do you know about the industry?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2006, 12:43 PM
    You did just fine. Coming in loud and clear.

Nope. I'm Just a googler at heart.:o
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2006, 04:24 PM
    This was along time ago, but they make very well, when one of my children was born, the women in the bed next to my wife , her husband was an underwater diver.

Not much of a family life, since they spend most of their time on the rigs, or in stand by. I understood pay was more around 1500 a day when you worked, and a lot less a day if you are on standby

But the gentleman I talked to did it in the rivers and lakes ( mostly bridges)

Also don't expect to get the highest paying job out of training, most likely you will work at some of the starting jobs, or smaller companies till you get experience. No one starts at the top.
    monkey69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood90
    Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder i heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. thats 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare???? were is the most money?
    Where is that at can't you learn in the navy
    fuqua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood90
    Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder i heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. thats 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare???? were is the most money?
    No u will make anout 115 to 135 on shore weldin but off shore your making about 280 to 320 an hour

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Need answers for Underwater Welding! [ 7 Answers ]

Underwater Welding -Qualifications- *What type of a person do employers of this job normally hire? -Availability- *What type of orginizations employ this job title? Are these orginizations found in Minnisota, or whould I have to move? -Salary- *What does a person starting in this field earn?...

Salary of underwater welder [ 14 Answers ]

how much does this profession earn in a year? salary and hourly rate? :confused:

Underwater welder salary [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how much money underwater welders make in average. I know it's a wide range but I would like to know all the answers you come Up with. Or where I can find more information on the pay proceedures.

View more questions Search