Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Car of public transportation?
    So me and my friend are planning to go to miami this summer. Now we are wondering whether to rent a car. At first we thought we could do with the public transportation, but on the internet people are saying that public transportation isn't properly organized, and they advise to rent a car. Is public transportation in the USA, and miami in pacticular, really that bad?

We are from Europe, and feel a little apprehensiveabout driving in a strange country, with (probably) other traffic rules.

Also, could anyone tell me just how expensive taxis are in the USA. This would be different in every state, or even city, but just so we ave a guideline.

Thanks.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 22, 2008, 03:11 AM
    You failed to tell where you live yourself. Europe is big, and all except those in GB drive on the right hand side of the road, just as they do in the US.
    Also, the traffic rules in the US are very similar to those we use in Europe (again : except in GB).

I have been in the US many times, and I always rent a car : it is cheap, the petrol is cheap there (well - if you relate it's price in the US as to what we are used to pay here).
    Just have your drivers license with you, and take out full insurance for the entire trip.

As to taxes : that differs from State to State. But if you are used to pay in Euro's you will see that in the US everything is a lot cheaper.

Have a nice visit to the US : you will enjoy it there... I did !

:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 08:45 AM
    I am not familiar with Miami but buses run fairly well in the cities so if your hotel is in the city and you are sticking to within the city you might be okay without renting a car or maybe renting a car if and when you want to go outside the city limits. Taxi's can be rather expensive. If you rent a car you are better getting one from Enterprise because it is around $30. Per day and no mileage charge. Any other car rental is going to cost more. Gas is a little over $4.00 a gallon right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

World of zero transportation [ 3 Answers ]

In a world of zero transportation costs, no trade barriers, and nontrivial differences between nations with regard to factor conditions, firms must expand internationally if they are to survive. Discuss.

Information Needed On "Doing Business As" for the Department of Public Transportation [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to get some information on how to dba (do business as) for the dept of public transportation...

Alternative Transportation [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was arrested for OWI 2nd offense in the state of Iowa. While I am fighting the charge, my refusal to submit to Breathalyzer will probably cost me my license for 2 years. Because I am planning for the worse about not having a car my mind has begun thinking about creative / alternative...

Transportation of cars through KY,VA,W.VA,PA. [ 6 Answers ]

I need to transport two cars and need to know if I need permits to do so. I have a rollback car hauler that is used for my use only (not for hire)

View more questions Search