Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deanieluv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I need to lose 150 lbs
    I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2008, 09:26 PM
    First off, I'm glad to you see that you think you have a problem. That was your first step to losing weight. My aunt started walking to aid in the losing of her weight. She walked every night, anywhere from 1 to 2 miles. She ended up losing a lot of weight just from walking. Something else that seems to help a lot is other exercises. You can look exercises up on Google. I wouldn't recommend losing a lot of weight at one time, because it could really hrut you. It may take you a year or two, but at least you would be a lot healthier. Something surgical that you could do is have a lap band put on your stomach or a gastric bypass. My cousin had the gastric bypass and in 1 year she has lost 150 lbs. Good luck!
    rdbirge Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deanieluv
    I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(
    Wow... well, first - deciding to do SOMETHING is the first step. Diet pills aren't good for you anyway. Having a support system and someone you are accountable to will help (not friends or family). Your situation is not hopeless! Do you walk?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 30, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Walking is great advice, but can I suggest that the first thing you do is to see your physician. Not only to make them aware of what you are wanting to do, but to be sure that you are physically in a position to do that. They may suggest you start with some physical therapy. It's possible that all is well, but they may be in a position to recommend limitations to your plan. Good Luck...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I lose it, I really lose it! [ 10 Answers ]

So, yeah after ignoring the phone calls from my ex of 4 years (2 months broken up) this weekend, he called again last night and succumbed (curiosity killed the cat) and answered. So basically, he was just asking how I'm doing, what's new, he misses me a lot, thinks about me all the time, he...

How to lose a war .be PC [ 15 Answers ]

"The insurgents who kill our young soldiers are ruthless, but we have sometimes been cautious in our response. Take the question of targeting bomb makers: There may be an unlimited supply of explosives in Iraq, but there is not an unlimited supply of people who know how to wire the detonators. In...

Why did he lose it? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, my boy and I have been together for a long time, I am 18 and he is 19... there was a situation which I am confused about... sex has never been a topic for him and I until now, we have never had sex or oral sex besides the whole dry sex thing where clothes stay on... the other night when...

I'm going to lose her, how do we get through this? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 28 and my girlfriend is 25. I have been in a relationship for over three years with my girlfriend and I love her to bits but I have a problem with myself in that I keep going behind her back to go on gay or bi chat sites, not to meet anyone but to chat and arrange a meet but never can go...

Can We Lose Our Car? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband recently got a notice of Garnishment for our bank account for a repossession of a car. If he was to file Chap 7 alone, could we lose our current car? I was also on the re-possed car as co-owner but I am not on this one. I am also on disability, so they can not garnish my disability...

View more questions Search