Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AliG Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
    In love but she has someone already.
    Yes... Another one of these situations. I've been working with this girl at my job for a good few months now and I tell you, she is the most beautiful girl I ever met. Her looks, personality, and just how she is as a person blows me away. At first, I thought nothing much about her. But now, it's come to a point where I'm just completely in love with her. I've liked girls before but never enough to say that I loved them. I can't stop thinking about her. There isn't one day that goes by where I'm not and when I do, I get butterfly's lol...

But, she has someone already that she seems to be happy with. But at times I just want to tell her "I love you" but I can't because I don't want her to be in an awkward position. I just don't want to ruin the friendship we have atm. So my question is, should I move on? What do you guys do when you were in this situation of being completely in love?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Well can I say, and I'm not saying this in a mean way, you are in love with the idea of being in love with her. You cannot *love* someone, in the true sense, until you have spent a lot of time and energy to form a bond, and a solid friendship. Going up to her and saying that you "love" her right now is a bad idea. Keep on forming your friendship with her, and when she is having a bad day, etc. just comfort her as a friend would comfort another friend. That goes a long way with girls!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Several issues, a very smart man once told me to never go fishing in the company pond, ( that means you don't date people you work with) since if and when it does not work out, you then have a bad work atmophere and sometimes a bad break up will cause one or both to even lose jobs.

Next if she has someone ( did not say dating, or living with) she is not available, and if she would cheat on him with you, most likely she would latter cheat on you with someone else.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Several issues, a very smart man once told me to never go fishing in the company pond, ( that means you don't date people you work with) since if and when it does not work out, you then have a bad work atmophere and sometimes a bad break up will cause one or both to even lose jobs.

Next if she has someone ( did not say dating, or living with) she is not available, and if she would cheat on him with you, most likely she would latter cheat on you with someone else.
    I agree never to do this at work. I got distracted by the phone, and meant to mention that also. Thanks Chuck. Workplace relationships are a recipe for disaster!
    AliG Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Thanks for the advice fellas. It helps a lot. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Not to question how attracted to her you are, but love?? She has someone and is unavailable, and since you work together, it could be very uncomfortable, and humiliating if things don't work out, or turn for the worst.

Admire her from afar, and don't cross the boundaries of co-workers. Keep your feelings to yourself.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Jun 22, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Just chill out and be friends with her. Most relationships fail. Date other people and see what comes up. If she ends up breaking up with the boyfriend, go for it. But depending on her personality and how long she has dated him, you may have to wait until she gets over it or you play the rebound.

By all means don't ever say I love you. If she has any interest at all and sees you dating other girls it will get her interest level up. When you proclaim your love to early you are seen as "no challenge" and below her. Play the game.
    chocopies Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Yeah, that's just asking for trouble. Even if she does break up with the current boyfriend, I would still just try to be more of her friend after the breakup. Furthermore, don't try anything shady, as in try to catch her on the rebound.

If you want to have a relationship with her, and by relationship I mean as a good+close friend, I would keep things as they are, keep your feelings to yourself, and just... be there lol.

Sometimes, girls can end up being better and closer if they were just your friend rather than if you were their boyfriend, this all depends on the person. Take the other posters' advice and don't try anything shady.

~choco
    sweety Posts: 77, Reputation: -1

Jun 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Sorry but I'm going to be straight so you don't hurt yourself in the long run, if the girl doesn't notice you, flirt with you and is not interested on that level, leave her alone. Just stay mates and don't spoil your friendship as every relationship goes back to where it started and that's being friends.
    You should enjoy life and be mates and maybe you'll find someone that's prettier and loves you and is interested in you and cares for you on that next level. Don't stress about her and love yourself first so you have a chance at loving someone else and don't beat yourself up about it. Its better you lot are friends and enjoy being each others friends than stressing about getting her if she's taken already. Trust me she will tell her man and hate you for spoiling your friendship and you may get in a sticky mess with her man. Trust me, no woman or man is worth fighting for if they are already taken. That will make you second target, so she'll do it to you if you were hers and bring a next man in who you'll be fighting over her for.
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

Jun 22, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Don't say anything to her. That will just ruin the friendship. She is with someone else and happy so if you want her as a friend, don't interfer because she will probably just push you away and end the friendship making it hard to even work together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

In love with wife but love another lady as well [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have been married for close to 3 years now, we really don't have any issues within us at all. We are happy in all possible ways. We are emotionally attached, we are sexually happy. But yes because of my work nature I am unable to spend time with my wife as much as before. Also recently I...

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

View more questions Search