Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    behissh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Interpretation Likert scale responses
    How is it possible to interpret a likert scale and make correlation analysis between two attributes?

For example

Expensive- strongly disagree... strongly agree
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Safe- strongly disagree... strongly agree
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

How can I make the correlation between being expensive and safe?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 21, 2008, 05:02 PM
    This smells like a homework question, but I give you the benefit of the doubt !

There is no correlation between these two specific questions, so the answers will not provide information to allow drawing a conclusion neither.

Something can be expensive and safe, while something else can be cheap and unsafe.
    Also something can be expensive and unsafe, while something else can be cheap and safe.

But all answers to all questions together should build up a picture that allows to draw a conclusion. That is of course if all questions are properly formulated.

Success !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you construct a Likert Scale [ 3 Answers ]

What are the steps in constructing a likert scale

Likert scale and its analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. MY question is the same as the others. What are the best statistical tools to use in analysing the likert scale. How do I go about it if I already have the answered likert scale. CAn anyone recommend a good website?

Likert Scale Survey [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to show correlation between a predictor and response variable using a likert scale survey instrument. What statistical measures can be used for one population, one sample, and only those two variables? Can Pearson Product moment, correlational analysis, or regression analysis be used?...

Likert scale [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an action research experiment with one grade 5 class as the experimental group and the other grade 5 class as the control group. My dependent variable is performance and my independent variable is new program. I cannot randomly assign the students to either group as they are already in...

View more questions Search