Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchellh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Money
    Does any body know what the pay is for underwater welders may be? I am starting at the Ocean Corporation in May and was wondering how much I can expeat to earn.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Hi,
    Here is a link:
    http://www.aws.org/education/plunge.html

Look under Section 6.
    Pay will vary, due to location and the type of job(s).

When you say "start at the Ocean Corporation in May", do you mean start in training?
    I am sure they have some information on the different pay rates for jobs. Why not give them a call?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellh
    Does any body know what the pay is for underwater welders may be? I am starting at the Ocean Corporation in May and was wondering how much I can expeat to earn.
    Umm you accepted a job offer without discussing pay? Is the job unionized? If so, your union rep should be able to tell you the pay scales.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Ok, just for the heck I have spent the last hour or so looking into it.

First there are at least two levels of certification, so you will not only have to be licenced as a commercial diver, but will also have to be certified as an underwater diver.

I was looking at some bridge job bids for river work, there was a pay scale of 60 to 80 dollars a hour and a dollar per foot over 50 ft plus additional 150 ft and more over 250 ft. up to 2.50 per foot an hour extra.

I have also read some of the welding chat boards and it looked that many were only making that 40 to 50 K a year for their first few years, because of course there was not work every day or all day when they did work.

They complained about a lot of all the travel, living in small trailers or motel rooms most of the time.

I would say that this job is most likely like many jobs, compare it to lawyers, there are lawyers making millions, but most first year lawyers make 30 K or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Money Pit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a legal question, I bought my house a few months ago. I noticed the carpets to be drenched one day after rain storm in master bedroom. I had a home inspection, nothing in it to say they ever had flood problems. I called a plumber, shower pan leaking in master bath, I get...

Money is there any? [ 1 Answers ]

Want to see the Federal Reserve bank president of New York admit that there is no "money"? On June 12th watch the Travel channel and see for yourself! Get your VCRs, Tivo, and all other recording devices ready!! ...

I have no money so you pay [ 13 Answers ]

Went to the store. I need stuff and so did my girlfriend. But, as soon as we parked and started walking in she tells me she forgot her checkbook. I said, OK we will just put it on my card. And it was my understanding she was going to pay me back. A couple days later she has not paid me back and has...

Money-- what do I do with it? [ 7 Answers ]

I am about to receive 25,000.00 dollars.I want to use it/invest to make it grow quickly but I have no idea where to begin.Any suggestions?:confused:

Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 23 years old I live in the countryside in South Australia, I have a girlfriend that I have been seeing for a year and 8 months I really want to win some money to get a house together, I would like to know if I will win a lot or some money to buy a house in the near future if you could tell...

View more questions Search