Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeaceAnLoveIsMe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 02:36 PM
    How to become a famous singer?
    So I sing, I sing in my school, at church and in christmas a sang a solo in my church over

300 people were there, people have told me to go and be a famous singer cause they

Love my songs and my voice... my uncle is a famous christian singer, he has cds.. so he

Has tought me some things. My other uncle sings also.. my great great grandpfather

Which knows sleeps in peace, was a famous jazz singer. My dad sings also, he's doing a

Christian concert in tn, July 22... So I want to know how to become a famous singer... I

Write my own songs some are christians some are not, but I want to know how.. some

People have told me that I do have the "gift" cause I have people in my family that can sing,

And that I have 2 move to California 2 become a famous singer...

Help!
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jun 21, 2008, 03:50 PM
    It sounds like you have the perfect sources right there in your family! Ask them, surely they'll help you reach your goal... Is there a reason you haven't asked a family member who's already making music?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 07:05 PM
    If you have family that do concerts or perform, get them to let you do a opening song or two for them when they sing. Their next CD have them let you do some of the back ground singing for it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 04:57 AM
    It sounds like you are already famous with the things that you do! Being famous means being known for something that you do that is good. You already have fame. Just build on it! In the above answers, there are some excellent ideas!

However, at your age, your voice is developing and won't mature for many years. So, some things that I would recommend would be that you get with a private teacher who can show you how to develop your voice as it matures. You might go through many teachers in this process, because not all of them are good for all age groups or styles of music.

Your own taste as far as preferences in styles of music is also going to change over the years. Just go with what you would like to do as far as your preferences in music as your taste develops and changes. What you really like at age 15 may not be what you will like the best at age 25.

Another thing concerning being famous - look to the examples of our Christian forefathers concerning that. It's not so much who they were that made them famous - but what they did and left to the world as a legacy for others to follow.

You could reach a lot of people with your music and influence their lives! Or, in some instances, only a few... Either way, if you could make a positive difference in the life of even just one person, that could be all that would be necessary to make you "famous."

You could start by being a witness to just one... :)

Jun 23, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi03
    It sounds like you have the perfect sources right there in your family! Ask them, surely they'll help you reach your goal...Is there a reason you havent asked a family member who's already making music?
    Well I don't know how 2 ask them cause they think I saing bad but the rest of the world things I sing good so what cani do?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 23, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceAnLoveIsMe
    Well I dont know how 2 ask them cause they think i saing bad but the rest of the world things i sing good so what cani do?
    Again, as Clough said, find a private singing coach. Ask your family if they can help lead you in the direction of finding a good one. Even some of the best singers in the world need a vocal coach. Study music, and get the feel for the sound of different instruments also. Just because you can sing well, that doesn't mean you will become famous. You may be a starving artist, for a very long time! It could take many years, to get to the point where you want to be!

Concentrate on your education. You will need that if you ever do become famous. Stay in school, because you will need your practical education and experience, when and if you become famous. It doesn't happen overnight, and you need to be prepared to be turned down a thousand times, and get one yes from someone. That one yes may even be a no, and if you aren't emotionally prepared, and academically prepared for that, it can beat you down. The music indrustry people are there to critique you in every sense, and if you react in a negative way, you will be shot down and sent packing. You need to have the whole package in order to become famous.

At this point, packing up, and moving to LA, would be a disappointing venture for you. Keep practicing and honing your God given talent, and again, focus on your education first and foremost.

Best of luck to you!

Jun 24, 2008, 01:11 PM
    so i sing, i sing in my school, at church and in christmas a sang a solo in my church over

300 people were there, people have told me to go and be a famous singer cause they

love my songs and my voice... my uncle is a famous christian singer, he has cds..so he

has tought me some things. my other uncle sings also.. my great great grandpfather

which knows sleeps in peace, was a famous jazz singer. my dad sings also, hes doing a

christian concert in tn, july 22...So i want to know how to become a famous singer... i

write my own songs some are christians some are not, but i want to know how..some

people have told me that i do have the "gift" cause i have ppl in my family that can sing,

and that i have 2 move to california 2 become a famous singer...

help!
    Well I do have a private music teacher... And I do play instruments:Drums,electric guitar,guitar,bass,violin,vila,cello,flute,piano and the keyboard...

Jun 24, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    If you have family that do concerts or perform, get them to let you do a opening song or two for them when they sing. Their next CD have them let you do some of the back ground singing for it.
    I am on two of their songs I sing with my uncle... I akso presented the whole musical for my church not a long time ago... and it was great, but I am going to be the Opening for my dads concert.:)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 24, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Well I do have a private music teacher... And i do play instruments:Drums,electric guitar,guitar,bass,violin,vila,cello,flute,piano and the keyboard...
    Well it sounds like you are well on your way then! You are getting your foot in the door. Put together a portfolio, and demo track. Take it to local radio stations, to talent agencies, if there are any where you live.

Get your name known locally, as much as you can, in order to get a following. That will attract talent scouts. Present yourself in a confident professional manner, whenever you are performing, or just out in public period. Confidence combined with humility, will take you a long way. Try to smile and look like you are having fun, even if you are ticked right off with something someone had to say about your singing.

Establish yourself locally first! That is your best bet! Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
    I am on two of their songs I sing with my uncle...I akso presented the whole musical for my church not a long time ago... and it was great, but I am going 2 be the Opening for my dads concert.:)

If your family thinks that you are such a terrible singer, why are they letting you sing at their concert? Doesn't make sense to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I Become A Famous Singer? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi!! My Name is Genny and I am 11 yrs old. I have an AMAZING voice. People are always saying that I should be famous for singing! But there are a few problems. One, I can't find any agent:confused: . Two, I don't know if my family could afford for me to be in any contests if they cost a lot of...

How can I become a famous singer? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey, people, how can I become a famous singer? I've been trying for EVER! But I can't figure it out. Help?:confused:

How do I become a famous singer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a band and singers, but how do I start performing?? How do I become famous?:confused:

I want to become a famous singer and sing pop music [ 2 Answers ]

Hey my name is sarah. I am 15 years old and I love to sing. I just don't know where to start.I am going to be taking singing lessons really soon but I want to make a career out of it and be famous and on stage singing my heart out.. I want to sing pop music like hannah Montana.! :) :)

View more questions Search