Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Supicious circumstances
    After trying to do a software deal with a "programmer", ( the deal fell through)
    Some of the program on test I kept. But I have the developing software to open it up to.

All I had to do was design the GUI and he would do the coding.

Apparently he was not a qualified programmer, (I found out later) self taught and in retrospect I think he had other agendas.

However, can these "test programs" apparently be trojans or "looky looky" programs that were specifically made by this programmer and not be detected ?

Are there ways to detect other types of trojans made for a one time "attack" or to target a one time PC, therefore not becoming part of the updates ?

My computer now seems to be getting slow when I multi-task with Excel.
    This is un-characteristic and never had this slowness before.
    How would I check to find if this "programmer" has done something sneaky ?

I use:
    AGG paid version
    Adaware paid version
    Spy Bot paid version
    Kerio Firewall paid version

Nothing is found, but..

Much appreciated if this could be sorted.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 06:36 AM
    HI,
    Did you run your Spyware scans and Antivirus scans in Safe Mode? It sometimes helps more by using Safe Mode.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2006, 06:42 AM
    The key would be your firewall. Check the logs for any outgoing traffic that looks strange.

Mar 17, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Thanks, I'll get back in a day or so.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 06:54 AM
    What were the programs written in/for? I'd gladly take a quick look through the code he wrote for you and see if I notice anything that I feel is a little dodgy.

Mar 17, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the clues and what to look for.
    Have removed the projects we were working on, and it seems it's back to normal, "no slowness".

But it goes to show, antivirus may need to consider this minor issue of one-time trojans etc to include in their future developments.
    :cool:
    :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I considered an adult at these circumstances [ 4 Answers ]

Porter County, Indiana My 18th birthday is on July 22nd, just a few more days. Currently I've been on juvenile probation since last September. I understand that when I reach 18 I have reached "age of majority" and I am legally allowed to vote, sign binding contract, and take full...

Victim of circumstances =( [ 2 Answers ]

I really can use some good advises here... I got a ticket for traffic violation on late November last yr. it was basically moving violation... I was only trying to avoid collision with two cars racing on freeway onlamp by beliefly entering the carpool lane. But with my luck, uniform had to be...

View more questions Search