Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 28, 2008, 01:09 PM

I think whoever conducted this survey either screwed with the numbers, or focused on one small demographic for sure. The numbers are insane to say the least. This was likely a high school or college survey, and was probably given while they were all drunk or under a lot of peer pressure, to think it was the cool thing to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 04:37 PM

Perhaps 60 percent of the women who would listen to this type of station may do that.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 04:42 PM

Good point Chuck, very good point.
    sylvan_1998 Posts: 156, Reputation: 45

Sep 29, 2008, 07:17 AM

You guys crack me up. If the poll had said 75 percent of women would never do this... then you would never have questioned the demographics. Maybe the demographics on this board are skewed into the 40 percent.

I do think it is good to question the demographics of any statistic you read as well as demand other descriptive statistics. For instance what was the confidence interval 40% + or - 30% is still a valid statistic but gives much different meaning to a 40% + or - 5%. What was the sample size (however some of our largest polling companies (and quite reputable statisticians) will use a minuscule sample size)?

What I am saying, is either you trust in the process or you don't. Questioning is good, but don't question just because you disagree. Always question the process. And if you don't trust in the process, then you should not believe in them even when they agree with you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Details on the host: Dennis Prager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the numbers are very high and are being used as ammunition to advance his ideals: "Prager has suggested that most contemporary social and political crises stem from the absence of a normative system of "ethical monotheism".Prager accuses the governments of Western Europe ("a civilization in decline") and Canada of suffering from "a broken moral compass," charging that the dominance of secular leftist thought in those countries has rendered their societies morally confused."
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 07:45 AM

So... wait...

People are "morally confused" because they don't follow some form of monotheism? Is that what that guy thinks?

I think the problem is that people are really just too concerned about what everyone ELSE is doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

How to handle chance encounter with ex? [ 6 Answers ]

Background: Twelve years ago, I ended a non-physical ten year relationship with a high school friend due to the large discrepancy between my feelings for her and her feelings for me which I considered had become an unhealthy situation for me. I ended it in a manner that at the time I felt was most...

Interesting Encounter [ 11 Answers ]

some mormans came to my door the other day, and being polite as I am had huge trouble in snobbing them, they talked about this guy and how he was supposedly given the right to be a prophet or whatever and they were saying, it's the same faith being followed, there's no change between the values of...

I'm a married female and I'm BI love women more then husband [ 3 Answers ]

I love my husband but it seems I fantasize about women and want to have sex with women then him. We do recreational drugs at times and can have lots of sex with him but if we aren't on them sex with him really doesn't interest me. When it comes to women and haven't been with many at all I get...

View more questions Search