Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaroche Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Maybe this should be in the tips forum, but I'll post it here first...

My husband's brother and sister-in-law died in an accident and we are adopting their 2 children, ages 4 and 6. I am also pregnant with my first child. I know the children well and I really love them, but I'm worried about parenting them, as I've never had any children before. I figured I would just learn as I went along, with my baby, when he was born. But now I feel I need to learn things really quick! Maybe I'm stressing too much, but anyways I would appreciate some advice.

First of all, does anyone have any recommendations of good childcare websites or books? Would it be a good idea for my husband and I to go to a parenting class? I am not even sure what should be a good bedtime for them, how much they should eat, what I should tolerate and shouldn't tolerate behaviour wise, how much TV they should be allowed to watch, etc, etc... I know a lot of those things are individual and vary among families, but I really feel clueless and stupid. I have my husband's parents and my adoptive parents to ask for advice as well, but if anyone has any good suggestions, ideas, etc, I would really appreciate it. Right now we are staying at my husband's parents' house, but we will be flying home with the children (!!) this coming Monday, and I'm starting to freak out about it!
    I would imagine e in the beginning to keep there bed times and schedule similar to what they were used to with their parents. Did they read before bed did they have chat time before bed i.e. discuss how was there day etc. I have 4 children close togher they really do love a schedule and consistancy. Rember tell them how much you love them as much as possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Parenting my 22 year old son [ 6 Answers ]

I have been a single parent for most of my son's life. He is now 22 and graduating from college 7 hours from home. Since he was 13, he shut down completely towards me, however, is friendly to all others around him, including his father, who he is still close to. I have gone through years of his...

Step Parenting [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a mother of 4 and am married for the second time. We have been married for 6 years 7 in November. We have already weathered a lot of storms with the children. My oldest is 18 almost 19 and he is out of the house living with my mom. He had a lot of issues and we had to make him move for...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

Pregnant 16 year old, by 14 year old [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone knows the rape laws in Ohio. There is a situation that I need to find out. I know a 16 year old girl pregnant by a 14 year old boy. Is their a rape law that would apply. Can the 14 year old boys parents go after the 16 year old girl or can the girls parents go...

View more questions Search