Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lnza4 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2008, 08:50 PM
    So with a roth Ira you only pay if the roth grows... on the IRA you pay a penalty? Is there a limit on each one?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2008, 05:16 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

The difference between a Roth IRA and a traditional IRA is that the Traditional IRA is funded with pretax dollars so the money in it has never been taxed. The rationale is that you will be in a lower tax bracket when you start taking the money out.

A Roth IRA is funded with post tax dollars, so you have already paid taxes on the money. However, the income earned on a Roth IRA is TAX FREE. So you do not pay taxes when you withdraw it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roth And Traditional IRA questions. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All... What I am looking for is in case I put my money in Roth can I put my money in a traditional IRA too i.e. can I max out both the IRA's? If the answer is yes then can I actually convert my traditional to Roth (after some time)? If the answer is yes then what is the procedure i.e....

Traditional IRA [ 2 Answers ]

What should I be looking out for when I open a Traditional IRA?

Traditional & Roth IRA contributions [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I work full time. We are over 50 years of age and have separate IRA's. Together we will gross over $160,000, but our adjusted income will be less than that amount. Based on the information provided, what is the maximum amount we can contribute individually to our traditional and Roth...

View more questions Search